Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
10:29 AM on 02/19/13
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
Another chance to see Bayside run through their standard greatest hits setlist at Best Buy Theater..

Already Gone
They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns
Duality
The Walking Wounded
Masterpiece
Montauk
Carry On
Sick, Sick, Sick
Blame It on Bad Luck
Devotion and Desire

Toss in a sloppy headliner with a catalog watered-down by Crimson, Agony, and Addicition (and likely Shame), and you have yourself a pretty weak tour, unfortunately. I wish I could express this with my wallet, but I'm a sucker and will probably see you in NYC.
10:35 AM on 02/19/13
ACA
User Info.
i wish someone would ban you from the internet.
Just as likely as you just once contributing something to a post you quote. You could of course just hit that Ignore button so you don't have to read the opinions of someone you so clearly dislike.
10:39 AM on 02/19/13
ACA
User Info.
Doubt they'll play many songs from Agony or Addiction and Crimson songs are great live. Time To Waste and Mercy Me are two of their most fun songs to see live.

"Mercy Me" suffers so much from studio-only magic. I've seen them quite a few times since that album came out (festivals and indoors), and I've never seen them pull that one off, which is a shame because it's one of the best cuts from that record.
10:48 AM on 02/19/13
ACA
User Info.
I take it you haven't paid much attention to Alkaline Trio's setlists over the past few years. Songs from those albums you mentioned take up maybe 3 spots on the setlist. Their setlists are always heavy on old stuff.

The last two times I caught them headlining (with Cursive, with mewithoutYou) the sets were ~20 songs and I remember at least these:

Dead On The Floor
Dine, Dine My Darling
Fine
In Vein
Lead Poisoning
Mercy Me
Sadie
This Addiction

I'd bet it looks something like ~20 songs on this tour, but perhaps with Crimson very heavily represented: they tend to work through their discography on tours. In 2011 it was half of Good Mourning, in 2010 half of Maybe I'll Catch Fire. Before that, they obviously played the Goddammit tour.

Who knows, just speculation based on what I've noticed from seeing these bands so many times.

I hope the new Alkaline Trio record is great, but it just seems so unlikely given their recent output.
11:01 AM on 02/19/13
ACA
User Info.
Got tickets for both nights at the Metro! Really looking forward to this one.
Does Alkaline Trio usually mix things up on their two-night stands? Love hometown multi-night shows where it gives the band to open things up on their setlist..
11:19 AM on 02/19/13
ACA
User Info.
I guess an issue worth exploring, since there are tons of big Alkaline Trio fans in here:

Why doesn't the band play from their 2005, 2008, or 2010 records? Is it acknowledgment pretty much that those albums are major weak-points in an otherwise fantastic discography? Is it translating the songs live?
04:15 PM on 02/19/13
ACA
User Info.
Agony & Irony. Where should I go next?
Get Good Mourning, it's immediately accessible and also one of their best.

From there, just word backwards (Infirmary, Fire, s/t, GD). If you continue to enjoy their sound as it gets rougher and rougher, just keep going until you reach their 1998 debut.

I'd be interested in seeing if you still have any desire to keep 2008's Agony and Irony in rotation after that.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums