Username
Password
Canada News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 30.
04:33 PM on 02/19/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Some good noms overall...would've like to have seen Purity Ring contending in a couple more categories though
This SO HARD

I would love to see this
04:44 PM on 02/19/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
It'd be crazy to not give Marianas Trench AOTY out of those choices. I wish they'd just blow up in the US already. I don't get how they haven't.
05:45 PM on 02/19/13
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
It's cool to see Japandroids and Stars on there.
06:00 PM on 02/19/13
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
crystal castles, purity ring, and grimes all deserve the electronic aoty. also hope bieber wins everything.
06:08 PM on 02/19/13
Mr Hox182
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It'd be crazy to not give Marianas Trench AOTY out of those choices. I wish they'd just blow up in the US already. I don't get how they haven't.

Have they done much with Ever After in America yet? I think with the American release, they'll try to get stuff to radio and get their name out there more. They should be huge, though.
06:28 PM on 02/19/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
Rooting for Grimes to win Breakout Artist of the Year. She's been busting her balls to get where she is.
07:02 PM on 02/19/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Have they done much with Ever After in America yet? I think with the American release, they'll try to get stuff to radio and get their name out there more. They should be huge, though.

I know they did a tour that went pretty well and I heard them on the radio a ton (might have been a Canadian station though).
08:17 PM on 02/19/13
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the hell is the difference between Alternative Album of the Year and Adult Alternative Album of the Year?

An american equivalent would be something like Brand New being alternative and Elvis Costello being adult alternative.
10:29 PM on 02/19/13
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
actually really happy to see Hey Ocean! being included as breakout artist, their album IS is amazing.
Also, Stars should be nominated for way more awards.
12:09 AM on 02/20/13
minhpn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope Lisa Leblanc wins the francophone album of the year.
me too
http://giayconverse70.wordpress.com
05:14 AM on 02/20/13
andrewa5
www.facebook.com/oftemples
User Info.
Hopefully Cancer Bats win Metal album of the year! Hardworking dudes who deserve it!
06:28 AM on 02/20/13
tarynnosaurus!
@tarynnjanine
User Info.
I'm so glad to see both Hey Ocean! and Arkells get nominated, those were two of my favorite groups last year. Really hoping Hey Ocean! does some big things in 2013.
07:24 AM on 02/20/13
ShayDe
User Info.
Ten Second Epic best documentary = sweet
08:20 AM on 02/20/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Can someone tell me how Japandroids, a record that was rated in at least the top 10 in almost every music magazine/website globally, has only one nomination? ... And how are they not in the Rock category?

Fucking Canucks, more proof that nominations depend more on label, sales, and brand rather than music
08:26 AM on 02/21/13
failingwithease
User Info.
An american equivalent would be something like Brand New being alternative and Elvis Costello being adult alternative.
I can understand that now, but they had the categories reversed when I first looked at it. The likes of Metric, Japandroids, and Stars were all in the "Adult" section, which essentially made no sense. But all is forgiven now.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests