AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Gaslight Anthem News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rolling Stone Premieres Gaslight Anthem Short Film

Posted by - 05:35 AM on 02/20/13
Head over to RollingStone.com to check out The Gaslight Anthem's new 15-minute film, Every Word Handwritten, which charts "the lifespan of a single vinyl record and the effect it can have on different generations."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
06:59 AM on 02/20/13
AtTheEquinox
User Info.
I thought it was alright. Would've been cooler with more dialog though. Also what was with the lighting it kind of flicked on and off for me.
07:34 AM on 02/20/13
Thursdaysox
Sleep Well
User Info.
Ah, more from the band of our generation
08:04 AM on 02/20/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
kinda cheesy tbh. thought the music video version was much more resonant
08:10 AM on 02/20/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I thought it was alright. Would've been cooler with more dialog though. Also what was with the lighting it kind of flicked on and off for me.
Yeah, I didn't quite get that.
09:08 AM on 02/20/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
Dumb
10:31 AM on 02/20/13
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
Meh. Call me a sap, but I liked it.
10:39 AM on 02/20/13
Kevin_Slack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the "lighting flicking on and off" is a mistake with the Rolling Stone player, that is not how the film is supposed to look. Seems to be randomly happening to people.
10:52 AM on 02/20/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Kevin slack is in the building. Interesting. I really enjoyed this. It's pretty much just an extended director's cut of the Handwritten music video. Sort of like the Jesus of Suburbia video
11:45 AM on 02/20/13
Kevin_Slack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kevin slack is in the building. Interesting. I really enjoyed this. It's pretty much just an extended director's cut of the Handwritten music video. Sort of like the Jesus of Suburbia video
thanks! Although to be honest this was always Benny and mines original idea. The music video was just a shortened version of this that we had to do for the label etc.. So the film isn't so much an extension of the music video as much as the music video is just a shorter version of the film with the band in it (in our minds) if that makes any sense. Either way thanks for watching!!
11:55 AM on 02/20/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
thanks! Although to be honest this was always Benny and mines original idea. The music video was just a shortened version of this that we had to do for the label etc.. So the film isn't so much an extension of the music video as much as the music video is just a shorter version of the film with the band in it (in our minds) if that makes any sense. Either way thanks for watching!!

Yeah I didn't mean that as a negative thing, it was just an observation of a similar scenario. when Green Day made the Jesus of Suburbia short film, they also made a cut down version for the radio edit eithout dialogue. Did any initial discussions happen to have th record end up back in the hands of one of the two people in the couple at the end instead of the original musician? Also wish I could've come to the filming of this. I was going to drive into New York and try to be an extra but I had hockey
12:20 PM on 02/20/13
Kevin_Slack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I didn't mean that as a negative thing, it was just an observation of a similar scenario. when Green Day made the Jesus of Suburbia short film, they also made a cut down version for the radio edit eithout dialogue. Did any initial discussions happen to have th record end up back in the hands of one of the two people in the couple at the end instead of the original musician? Also wish I could've come to the filming of this. I was going to drive into New York and try to be an extra but I had hockey
I actually haven't seen the Green Day film, I'll check it out. No, we always wanted it to go completely full circle and back to the original musician. We liked the idea of him never really becoming famous or his band ever getting huge so that him finding his beat up old record in a used bin would mean so much more to him. It just felt right to me to have it end that way.

It's all good about not making the shoot, hockey is much cooler
03:50 PM on 02/20/13
Evolution Kid
Audio Engineer
User Info.
Was ok. For a short, I would've preferred no dialogue at all. Glad to hear that the flickering is a problem with the player and not a "stylistic" choice for the video. That really threw me off.
04:18 PM on 02/20/13
all time (joe)
you are what you do
User Info.
i loved it. it'd be awesome to help work on the feature that they have in the mix if it has a similar tone to it. if ya need an experienced PA or something and it's in the LA area hit me up! haha
04:34 PM on 02/20/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I really enjoyed this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT