Username
Password

01:15 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
pinkfrosty
Does not give a fuck
DC
Male - 29 Years Old
it's brutal out there man. It would prolly help you to figure out what your goals are: Are you trying to play shows or are you trying to just make an album and put it online? Both? It's usually easier to find people if you've got a specifc plan layed out.

I have the same problem here in DC, which is kinda a music scene wasteland to begin with (for a number of reasons), but I'm sure it's just as hard anywhere else. Stay away from CL dude, it's pointless 99% of the time. Try hanging out at a local music shop (i think someone already suggested it), or venues that you know have bands that are in your style. Or just make friends with some of the existing local groups; it's much more likely you'll get a spot if you already know the band members and they know you're already on board. It also doesn't hurt to have a youtube page or bandmix account where you can host videos of yourself, always a good idea to have some samples out there. But make sure your videos are good, and I mean "blow your mind" good. If the listener isn't engaged with 10 seconds, you're done.

Just keep at it, you'll find someone eventually. It took me over a year to find three other dudes out here that want to play on a regular basis. That's a big thing, you gotta have people willing to make the time for the band. A lot of guys just want to jam every once in a while and that's fun but pointless if your goal is to play out and get exposure. Best of luck.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos