Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29
08:08 PM on 02/20/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not really sure, I know they've been demo'ing and tracking since before the beginning of the new year, but everything this band puts out is gold, so i'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

I'm curious, did you hear the leaked version of Chasm?? I liked it a little bit more....

Josh's girlfriend (at least as far as I know) and the same girl from a few of the songs off of chasm is singing more on this record, which is fantastic, but Scab played such a damn good part in this band that i know i'm going to miss him a lot. I can't think of a single song from any of their records (as the boys of summer or strange vacation) that he was on that I didn't like...
Which leaked version of Chasm? The one they released as The Boys of Summer?
08:52 PM on 02/20/13
xName Takenx
User Info.
So which one was he lol?
Josh/Scab is the one that does NOT sound like Tom from Blink. josh starts the song "Invention" and "just gave out" on Chasm
08:54 PM on 02/20/13
xName Takenx
User Info.
Which leaked version of Chasm? The one they released as The Boys of Summer?
No. Chasm got leaked about a month or so before the official release. It was a much less produced, more raw version... A lot of the songs were different (a lot less backing vocals); I actually liked it a lot more than the official release.

Don't get me wrong, the main release is fantastic, but I listened to the demo version far more....
09:35 PM on 02/20/13
Theow593
User Info.
No. Chasm got leaked about a month or so before the official release. It was a much less produced, more raw version... A lot of the songs were different (a lot less backing vocals); I actually liked it a lot more than the official release.

Don't get me wrong, the main release is fantastic, but I listened to the demo version far more....
That is the version that was tagged as a Boys Of Summer release
10:05 PM on 02/20/13
SicTransitIbiza
Not my chair, Not my problem
User Info.
That is the version that was tagged as a Boys Of Summer release
Yes, I believe it also leaked with the title being "Just Sing" as well as being by The Boys of Summer.

I'm super excited for this. I love everything that have put out. I wasn't able to donate to the kickstarter, but I did finally buy Chasm on vinyl and CD a month ago so I have it now. Super bummed because apparently there was a demo up on http://lifeisastrangevacation.com/ but the soundcloud brings up a 404. I never got to hear it. Did anyone happen to rip it?
04:12 AM on 02/21/13
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
Josh/Scab is the one that does NOT sound like Tom from Blink. josh starts the song "Invention" and "just gave out" on Chasm
Oh, great - so two of the best songs. I don't really care for the other guy as much - even if he had a choir of girls with him. Sigh.
05:04 AM on 02/21/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Not really sure, I know they've been demo'ing and tracking since before the beginning of the new year, but everything this band puts out is gold, so i'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

I'm curious, did you hear the leaked version of Chasm?? I liked it a little bit more....
Yes, I did get my hands on the leaked version. I believe the drums were not done on that version if I'm not mistaken. I really liked the version of Lonely on that one because at the end they brought the female vocals back, which I think ended the song more appropriately. The album version just sort of ended in my opinion. Still good. It was mostly sublte/minor things I liked more about the leaked version. Perhaps I was just used to hearing the songs that way for a few months.
11:09 AM on 02/21/13
SicTransitIbiza
Not my chair, Not my problem
User Info.
Yes, I did get my hands on the leaked version. I believe the drums were not done on that version if I'm not mistaken. I really liked the version of Lonely on that one because at the end they brought the female vocals back, which I think ended the song more appropriately. The album version just sort of ended in my opinion. Still good. It was mostly sublte/minor things I liked more about the leaked version. Perhaps I was just used to hearing the songs that way for a few months.
Totally agree about the preference for the female vocals at the end of Lonely.
01:21 PM on 02/21/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Totally agree about the preference for the female vocals at the end of Lonely.
So excited for new Strange Vacation tunes. Between the Strange Sunday sons and then the album, we should be getting a bunch of new songs soon. I am really excited to hear the song AJ Perdomo guests on.
02:16 PM on 02/21/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yes, I believe it also leaked with the title being "Just Sing" as well as being by The Boys of Summer.

I'm super excited for this. I love everything that have put out. I wasn't able to donate to the kickstarter, but I did finally buy Chasm on vinyl and CD a month ago so I have it now. Super bummed because apparently there was a demo up on http://lifeisastrangevacation.com/ but the soundcloud brings up a 404. I never got to hear it. Did anyone happen to rip it?
Yeah I've got 3 versions of the record. One titled Just Sing, one from TBoS as Chasm and the SV one. Can't wait for new tunes. This band needs more attention.
07:53 PM on 02/21/13
WhaleSnake
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I've got 3 versions of the record. One titled Just Sing, one from TBoS as Chasm and the SV one. Can't wait for new tunes. This band needs more attention.
wait there was a 3rd version? i only have the one released as TBOS with the fake drums and the official release. whats the other?
08:19 AM on 02/22/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wait there was a 3rd version? i only have the one released as TBOS with the fake drums and the official release. whats the other?
They briefly released "Just Sing" which was the same album as Chasm that was released by TBoS. There were a few minor differences but really nothing major. There's also a b-sides album and an EP floating around the net as well.
10:34 PM on 02/22/13
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
If the other singer isn't in the band anymore I don't really care. He was my only hope for them, but that's just me.
08:46 PM on 03/17/13
WhaleSnake
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i ordered a shirt from them back in june 2012 and still havent received it, its been 9 months and they ignore my emails. this is rediculous.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos