AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 59
01:54 PM on 02/20/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
Nope, especially now that they've gone indie I don't think it will ever come out as a real documentary. Maybe some of the footage belongs to Interscope and they don't even have the rights to release it. Remember when Tom said he had to pay a shitload of money to their old label just so they could use The Adventure on their Angels & Airwaves documentary? Also they have more important things to do right now, like touring, maybe writing some new songs, preparing everything for future tours or a future album, than caring about finishing this documentary from 2009.

However, the footage does exist so I'm sure they will release parts from it somehow, like the live performances on Youtube maybe. But I don't see a real movie with a DVD release happening.

I'm not even sure if the footage is worth seeing. I mean the performances from 2009 and 2010 were all soooo bad because of Tom's voice. And back then their chemistry wasn't as great I think, so the behind the scenes footage probably won't be as enjoyable to watch than the Urethra Chronicles.

Also why is this a news post?
01:57 PM on 02/20/13
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Yeah, why IS this news? Is this a newly created facebook page or something? Or is it old and all the information regarding the release taken off of it or what?
02:00 PM on 02/20/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, why IS this news? Is this a newly created facebook page or something? Or is it old and all the information regarding the release taken off of it or what?
it's probably news because jason knows an announcement is coming soon.
02:04 PM on 02/20/13
neo506
thy foes profanely rage
User Info.
I heard if you preorder it, it comes with a copy of the Cobra Starship interview
02:04 PM on 02/20/13
ChaseTx
Thought detox was shelved until they clear the samples they are using that will appear on the follow up to Chinese Democracy?
It's actually all on the hard drive of a Macbook they have on order from Jonny Craig.

...Alright, I'll go now
02:07 PM on 02/20/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
It comes with the new Brand New album.
02:08 PM on 02/20/13
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
Better yet what about that lame 'biopic' some dude was making on the early years of Blink.
02:09 PM on 02/20/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
It comes with Green Day's Cigarettes and Valentines album, also their Heart Like a Hand Grenade documentary.
02:11 PM on 02/20/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I wondered this a few months ago. I know people are going to buy it, obviously. But, had HND$M RND$M put out "The Blinkumentary" shortly after the 09' tour, and compiled all the footage, audio, interviews, etc., I think a lot more people would have bought it. I'm going to buy it if it ever comes out. But, just a thought.
02:12 PM on 02/20/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
It comes with Green Day's Cigarettes and Valentines album, also their Heart Like a Hand Grenade documentary.
AND the lost Dashboard Confessional record.
02:12 PM on 02/20/13
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
it's probably news because jason knows an announcement is coming soon.
if that's true, he better spill the beans nooooow!
02:18 PM on 02/20/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
AND the lost Dashboard Confessional record.
I want to hear that so bad lol
02:24 PM on 02/20/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I want to hear that so bad lol
When AltPress did an article on albums that never came out, I was floored. Chris Carrabba seems like the kind of guy that has a vault of songs though, so I bet it's more than one records worth.
02:26 PM on 02/20/13
ReidAR27
let's chop cats! let's chop cats!
User Info.
Ah, very true!

I guess, for me, I was more excited for it back then for the idea that we'd get a better look at why they broke up, what brought them back, etc etc. But now that it's been years and there's countless interviews on the subject, my interest for this has gone down a bit. Maybe I'm just bad at explaining myself, haha.

You are right though, I still bust out my VCR from time to time to watch the first Urethra Chronicles.
I see what you're saying regarding all the interviews and such they have had over the long period of time it's taken to make this damn thing. More than any of that though I was just looking forward to some good ol blink shenanigans.
02:31 PM on 02/20/13
ChaseTx
Joined Facebook

May 24, 2010

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests