Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 50.
03:53 PM on 02/20/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
ive been using spotify premium for almost a year and a half, ive never once thought about canceling it.
04:06 PM on 02/20/13
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
ive been using spotify premium for almost a year and a half, ive never once thought about canceling it.
same. premium+the aux port in my car is a lifesaver.
04:12 PM on 02/20/13
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Yep. Will never drop it.
04:27 PM on 02/20/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

How do you like the new update on iOS? I thought the app was great before but they just keep making it better IMO
04:36 PM on 02/20/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
How do you like the new update on iOS? I thought the app was great before but they just keep making it better IMO
Agreed completely. Fantastic design - really love it. The long press is gorgeous.
05:06 PM on 02/20/13
harveyn590
User Info.
no, if they go free on mobile, theres no chance anybody will pay for anymusic ever again
05:45 PM on 02/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Aren't there already complaints about how little Spotify pays in royalties?

Although the press/consumers will probably be too busy enjoying free services to actually publicly complain about the change..
06:11 PM on 02/20/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
no, if they go free on mobile, theres no chance anybody will pay for anymusic ever again

It's already free on mobile, kinda. You get to listen to the different radio stations. You don't have instant access to music like a Premium account.
06:18 PM on 02/20/13
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
I've had Spotify Premium since Christmas and love it. Since I have no interest in using it when I'm on my computer, the small fee to stream on my phone is more than worth it and I'd actually probably pay more if it meant that the bands I love would see more financially. I've also downloaded way less since subscribing and definitely find myself purchasing more music, as the service allows me to try and discover a ton more music. Greed is bad.
06:21 PM on 02/20/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Rdio is better than Spotify soley because Rdio organizes your collection of synced songs like the iPod does - by artist, then by album. Spotify literally has no organization to how songs are synced to your account. There's no system to it at all. I love Rdio but I'm afraid Spotify will put them out of business eventually and when/if they do, I REALLY hope that problem is fixed.

Either way though, these streaming services are absolutely the future of music and I for one am all for it. I don't like that artists don't make a lot of money off of them but as a consumer who wants to listen to music easily and legally anywhere on almost any device, they're a dream come true. I spend much less money on music than I used to and listen to much more of it.
06:28 PM on 02/20/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
For people who have one of these services, do you still buy music? I usually buy music so the bands get money, and I feel like they don't with services like spotify. I don't buy a ton of music, probably an album or two a month, but that is still more then 95% of people I know. I feel like most people my age, 20, have not purchased an album in years if ever.
07:05 PM on 02/20/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
For people who have one of these services, do you still buy music? I usually buy music so the bands get money, and I feel like they don't with services like spotify. I don't buy a ton of music, probably an album or two a month, but that is still more then 95% of people I know. I feel like most people my age, 20, have not purchased an album in years if ever.
My post right before yours talks about my views on the subject, but I do still by the music of my favorite bands or a cool pre-order package with a vinyl or t-shirt I like that comes out. I buy vinyl relatively often, so if an older album I really like gets pressed I'll usually pick it up. I also do Kickstarters for bands I really like. So I do still buy music and support bands I'm pretty into but probably 10% of what I used to buy. I used to buy everything I listened to because I'm pretty vehemently against stealing music.
07:12 PM on 02/20/13
js977
js977
User Info.
i was wondering the same thing. like you, i probably buy a few albums a month, but it's actually the most ive ever spent on music with any sort of regularity. I owe that almost entirely to free radios and downloading that blew up the number of artists i exposed myself too. i like to buy CDs because, in addition to supporting artists, i like having a physical representation of the album, and i'd keep buying them even if i subscribed to these services, but they certainly are tempting.
07:23 PM on 02/20/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I buy vinyl now more often.
07:48 PM on 02/20/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I used to average 3-4 CDs a month. Now? I buy way less, maybe that cut down to 1. It doesn't help though that I don't have room for my collection at my new apartment (hundreds of CDs). Plus it's just easier to carry all on my phone without transferring through a computer. And I refuse to buy digital versions of music unless its unavoidable (Blink EP for example).

I still love buying new CDs but its great to be able to check out anything. I've gotten into many bands I wouldn't have otherwise, since I have up pirating music 5 years ago.

I hope Rdio survives. I really do
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums