Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 50 of 50.
09:45 AM on 02/21/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I would love if one of these services worked with the existing existing songs on my phone. I don't want to switch apps depending on song/album. And data caps are a huge issue here aswell
09:57 AM on 02/21/13
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Does anyone have spotify premium? Would you recommend it? I'm tired of rearranging my songs to fit on my phone
If you have an iPhone or especially an ipad it is absolutely awesome to have. The ipad app lets me just skip around discovering bands for hours, I love it. Sucks its about to take more money away from bands. I've thought about just leaving a bands music playing all night just to give them a slightly bigger paycheck from spotify, haha.
02:03 PM on 02/21/13
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
This. But, what can we expect? They're a company. Their goal is to maximize profits, and one element of that is minimizing expenses. Still, I wish it weren't so ubiquitously-stacked against the artists. Seems like their only way to catch a financial break is selling out shows. Thank goodness most of them love what they do.

Does anyone know how Spotify pays independent artists? Say, The Classic Crime for the royalties to their new album, which was Kickstarted - how do those payments compare against bands with labels?
Interesting question. I would also like to know how much independent artists make through streaming services.

Also, the article states that Spotify is currently hardly making profits, if I understood it correctly. So it would be understandable that they are trying to cut their expenses. But all in all, if people are not willing to pay more for a monthly subscription, artists will never make a lot of money through Spotify and similar services.
02:09 PM on 02/21/13
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
Bands always lose monetarily...but we have fun being bands.
JT
There is a belief within the industry that music "sales" or streaming through legal services will very soon only be considered to be an advertisement for the things that really bring profits, in particular concerts, licensing and merchandising. Is this something you have been experiencing (i.e. are you making more money through touring than by CD/MP3 sales) and would you consider it to be a realistic perspective?
02:30 PM on 02/21/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Bands always lose monetarily...but we have fun being bands.
JT
well said

"F*** money, we want love"
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT