Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

05:29 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Go Panth-oh forget it.

Can't wait for the roster to be purged again.
02:53 PM on 03/07/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
I wish Richardson would just sell the team already because I'm pretty sick of supporting this franchise...
08:54 AM on 03/08/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Only because they are in cap hell. I have a feeling that Hurney's idiotic spending spree is going to leave this team a skeleton of what it was last year.
09:07 AM on 03/08/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
The team can probably save money by cutting Williams and trading Anderson but that still doesn't leave much space to improve the rest of the roster through free agency. The most we can hope for is that our younger players continue to develop well and have a good draft class this year.
01:42 PM on 03/10/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Barden wouldn't be a bad addition for Carolina, considering that we don't have much cap space to work with. This team has lacked a big receiver for as long as I can remember and Barden played well in limited time with the Giants. At the very least he would be cheap and better than Louis Murphy.
02:12 PM on 03/10/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
he destroyed us in that thursday night game lol

Yeah, that game was probably an anomaly, but he did a decent job whenever he got to play last year. Then again, he only played a little over 200 snaps.
03:04 PM on 03/10/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Chung can not be any worse than Nakamura & Godfrey were last season. You don't even know terrible until you watch that trash.
08:03 AM on 03/11/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
That would probably be the last resort. Did Chudzinski not watch him every week?

The Browns are also in contact with Louis Vasquez. He was definitely in my top targets for FA, so I'd be more than happy to see him sign here. Having played his whole career under Norv, it would make sense.

Peter King also said he expects the Browns to sign Paul Kruger or Cliff Avril by Tuesday night, with Cliff Avril being his choice for most likely.

Munnerlyn is fine if you only need a slot corner. He isn't the best, but he was solid last year in coverage. I wouldn't mind the Panthers keeping him but if some other team offers him more money then I'm fine with him leaving. Can't afford to overpay for decent/mediocre players this off-season.
09:01 AM on 03/11/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Gamble retiring is surprising to me because he was one of the better cover corners in the league only two years ago. He's only 29, too.
12:46 PM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
I don't know if it's feasible, but it would be great if the Panthers could sign one of these CB's with Gamble retiring and Munnerlyn likely departing via free agency. It will allow us to draft a DT in the draft, too.
09:29 AM on 03/13/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Albert Breer
CB Drayton Florence tells me he's heading to Carolina to take a physical.

Who the fug is that?

This guy

09:32 AM on 03/13/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
His PFF grades and the fact that he couldn't cut it in the Lions secondary tells me that he isn't worth bringing in. Beggars can't be choosers, though.
01:28 PM on 03/13/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Drayton Florence to the Panthers on a one-year deal. Meh. Darius Butler Part II.
11:42 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Probably for the best. He wasn't that good at stopping the run last year. I'd rather have us take Richardson/Star in the first round of the draft anyway.
09:17 PM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Again, beggars can't be choosers. With as little cap space as we have, we might as well just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. This probably means we're going to take a DT in the first round, too and I'm fine with that. I'd like for us to get an upgrade at safety though because I can't stomach another season of Charles Godfrey.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos