AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

05:35 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I think what he's trying to say if revis played with bad-mediocre safeties who didn't do much so he did most of the work.

That's not what he said though. He said Revis played on an island with no safety help over the top which is not true. That would mean the Jets would be blitzing on every single play. In 2011, they were 12th in the league in blitz percentage.
05:40 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Revis doesn't play with safety help over the top.

05:46 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Serious question: The Seahawks are obviously more talented on defense than the Jets. Seattle has a top 5 defense and probably the best secondary in the league. Does that give Sherman an advantage? It obviously depends on what schemes the teams run, but I don't watch either of them enough to know that.
05:48 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
#BUCWILD
Antoine. Winfield.
05:54 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
speaking of corners, i really hope the steelers find a way to keep keenan lewis.
05:55 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
speaking of corners, i really hope the steelers find a way to keep keenan lewis.

I hope they find a way to not suck too
06:10 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
startBBtoday

What. About him.
06:21 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
#BUCWILD

Best corner in the league, ex-Bill great, obviously.
06:27 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Best corner in the league, ex-Bill great, obviously.

Best cover-2 corner in the league? Maybe. But he has Charles Tillman to fight for that title.

I just feel like comparing a cover-2/slot guy to an outside man guy is basically like comparing a running back to a wide receiver, or a tight end to a wide receiver or a 5-tech DE to a 7-tech DE. They're just different positions.

Winfield is asked to cover about 1/6th of the field, whereas Sherman and Revis have to cover 1/2 of it. Winfield is great at what he does, and the run defense aspect of it makes it just as tough or nearly as touch as Sherman and Revis trailing WRs all over the field, but it's just entirely different.

I don't think you can properly compare them. I think the argument at hand is best shutdown corner, and Winfield is not a shutdown corner, nor has he ever been.
06:29 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Casey Hayward!!!!!!
06:32 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO
Male - 22 Years Old
hey
06:35 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Is Brian Dawkins a Hall of Famer? If yes, First Ballot? If no, why not?
06:36 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
#BUCWILD
Best cover-2 corner in the league? Maybe. But he has Charles Tillman to fight for that title.

I just feel like comparing a cover-2/slot guy to an outside man guy is basically like comparing a running back to a wide receiver, or a tight end to a wide receiver or a 5-tech DE to a 7-tech DE. They're just different positions.

Winfield is asked to cover about 1/6th of the field, whereas Sherman and Revis have to cover 1/2 of it. Winfield is great at what he does, and the run defense aspect of it makes it just as tough or nearly as touch as Sherman and Revis trailing WRs all over the field, but it's just entirely different.

I don't think you can properly compare them. I think the argument at hand is best shutdown corner, and Winfield is not a shutdown corner, nor has he ever been.

I was entirely kidding man. It's stupid to argue this, really.

Personally, Revis is the best corner in the league. Sherman is probably 2nd, maybe 3rd. He had one good year. It may say that Revis has x pass deflections, and Sherman has x pass deflections, but if you watch Revis' pass deflections, they are absurd ones that he has no business making, where it's a perfectly thrown ball.

Sherman is no joke, but the dude is just unbearable, really.

The two will never go against each-other. It's like when people say Brady beat Peyton. He didn't. He has never lined up against Peyton Manning on a single snap in a game they have both been a part of. I hate Revis, I hate Sherman, I'd rather have Revis on the Bills than Sherman on the Bills. But in two years, that could flip, who knows. Nnamdi was fucking amazing in Oakland, went to Philly, and was exposed. Revis is in a blitz-heavy scheme, and more often than Sherman is left on an island.
06:36 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Yes.

But I'm a homer so...

re: Dawk.
06:37 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
#BUCWILD
Is Brian Dawkins a Hall of Famer? If yes, First Ballot? If no, why not?

Yes. Depends on who else is up for it that year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos