AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 52.
10:45 AM on 02/21/13
jeffity
User Info.
I'd assume they'd have some stipulations and algorithms in place so this doesn't get out of control. I worked for Nielsen back in the day. So I still have a tiny, tiny bit of faith in some of their product. Otherwise, this chart is going to get silly.
Ohaidere
User Info.
Gangnam Style #1 for years to come.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
And hackers are hard at work finding ways o exploit it ... heh.

I suppose that's true, but man...of all the things hackers could be doing with their time (like compromising bank accounts and stuff) racking up plays on a Beyonce video so she can be #1 on the Hot 100 is so ridiculous. Of course that won't stop people though!
10:46 AM on 02/21/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Psy is pissed at this turn of events. A few months ago he would've gone number 1. Anyway does this include Harlem shake?
10:47 AM on 02/21/13
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Not the biggest fan of this, but it's a good step towards the future.
10:47 AM on 02/21/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Psy is pissed at this turn of events. A few months ago he would've gone number 1. Anyway does this include Harlem shake?

Yes. Harlem Shake is No. 1 on the newest chart
10:48 AM on 02/21/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Worth noting: There are now three components that make up the Hot 100 now. YouTube will be the lowest-weighted component, behind sales (#1) and radio play (#2)
10:50 AM on 02/21/13
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
internet money.
10:50 AM on 02/21/13
njdevils327
User Info.
To whoever it was that said streaming songs don't count towards the hot 100, I think it was Jason, they do count. That's part of the reason why macklemore and Ryan Lewis got to number 1 while Taylor swift was stuck at 2 for I knew you were trouble. Thrift shop is number 1 on streaming songs, while I knew you were trouble isn't available on streaming services
10:51 AM on 02/21/13
j4callen
User Info.
Also how can they calculate the numbers with different videos of the same song? Does it have to be from the official band or their label? I don't know, I don't think it's going to change any of the numbers because a lot of the same people on the Hot 100 also have really popular YouTube videos too.
"Harlem Shake" is debuting at #1. It's definitely going to impact the numbers in a substantial way.
10:51 AM on 02/21/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
Because there aren't easy methods to inflate YouTube plays at all. Give me a fucking break.
10:52 AM on 02/21/13
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
To whoever it was that said streaming songs don't count towards the hot 100, I think it was Jason, they do count. That's part of the reason why macklemore and Ryan Lewis got to number 1 while Taylor swift was stuck at 2 for I knew you were trouble. Thrift shop is number 1 on streaming songs, while I knew you were trouble isn't available on streaming services
yet big machine thinks it's a brilliant idea not including it on streaming services. sucks for them.
10:52 AM on 02/21/13
njdevils327
User Info.
Spotify and rdio are part of on demand streams chart which counts towards the radio songs umbrella
10:55 AM on 02/21/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Now watch All Gold Everything soar to #1.
as it should!
10:55 AM on 02/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeap, edited my post.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/13/28...streaming-data
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News