AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Drama News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Slayer Issue Statement Regarding Drummer Situation

Posted by - 05:50 PM on 02/21/13
Slayer have issued a statement regarding drummer Dave Lombardo's recent claims. Jon Dette is filling in on the band's current Australian tour.
Slayer confirms that Jon Dette will drum for the band on its Australian tour that starts this Saturday, February 23 in Brisbane. As regards Dave Lombardo‘s Facebook post, Slayer does not agree with Mr. Lombardo‘s substance or the timeline of the events, except to acknowledge that Mr. Lombardo came to the band less than a week before their scheduled departure for Australia to present an entirely new set of terms for his engagement that were contrary to those that had been previously agreed upon.

The band was unable to reach an agreement on these new demands in the short amount of time available prior to leaving for Australia. There is more to the account than what Mr. Lombardo has offered, but out of respect to him, Slayer will not be commenting further. Slayer is grateful to its Australian fans for their understanding of this unfortunate last-minute change, and very much looks forward to seeing them at these shows.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
05:58 PM on 02/21/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Meep.
06:00 PM on 02/21/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
This whole debacle is almost entertaining to me. After all, this is the music "business" that we all forget exists outside of our speakers.
06:12 PM on 02/21/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
This sounds like the Bill Ward situation all over again.
06:24 PM on 02/21/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
06:45 PM on 02/21/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
honestly is anyone still in this band at this point! Jeff is still out with a flesh eating virus (last time I checked), and now Dave Lombardo is out. Honestly if I was a fan of this band and in Australia, I'd be pretty pissed off right now.
07:44 PM on 02/21/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
drummers seem to be optional for soundwave this year. so far we have slayer, blink 182, the vandals and six feet under all with replacement drummers.
07:51 PM on 02/21/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
drummers seem to be optional for soundwave this year. so far we have slayer, blink 182, the vandals and six feet under all with replacement drummers.
Anthrax too. Dette is pulling double duty with them and Slayer.
08:02 PM on 02/21/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
fuck, that's right. oh well, still pumped for tomorrow even if it has been raining for the past week so the brisbane venue is going to be a giant mud pit.
10:46 PM on 02/21/13
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
User Info.
Do quote boxes not work anymore in news posts or is it just me?
10:21 AM on 02/22/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
sounds like lawyer mumble jumble
12:11 PM on 02/22/13
J.Dick
User Info.
This whole debacle is almost entertaining to me. After all, this is the music "business" that we all forget exists outside of our speakers.

Go read that Johnny Ramone autobiography. He basically saw the Ramones as a 9 to 5 job.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos