Username
Password

07:57 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
Tonight is the first shift of my husband working nights. It was awesome this morning and afternoon when we got to spend so much time together, now I'm sitting alone in the den of my 110 yr old house My son's baby monitor makes the creepiest static noises which I cannot drown out with music or he may wake up, if I keep the lights on in here I can't completely see out the windows, but sitting in the dark was even more eerie. I honestly feel like I am in a bad horror movie. Soo I am now creating a thread to hopefully keep me busy for the next 3-4 hours.
Entertain me, Please.
09:08 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
we have a "dog" shes a chihuahua, shes basically a cat, she naps all day, eats more than she should, and goes to the bathroom in a litter box. Shes making it worse too, every time something makes a noise outside she starts barking. She feels how tense I am and is really jumpy now too haha.
09:21 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
We live in upstate NY there are a BUNCH of them. And there is an agriculture grant for first time home buyers to give you an incentive to move into rural places so we basically didnt have to put a down payment. I love it, its goregous but really creepy. 110 years is a lot of time for shit to happen.haha
09:59 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
Pittsford
01:05 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
this. Just get a Parks and Recreation marathon going

I love that show, but my hubby and I are watching it together. Its almost like cheating on him to wactch it without him haha

i feel you! the house i live in is also over 100 years old and i get the same way. i work third shift(alone no less!) so on my nights off i'm up at night scaring myself. i've had weird shit happen over the years and my family jokes saying 'it's only charlie messin' around.' charlie being the previous owner who died in here. :/

Creepy!! Nothing weird here yet, we've been here for a few years, if so this would be on the markt in a heart beat haha

Throw some comfort food into the mix

I wish!!! I still have 35 pounds of "baby weight" to lose, my comfort food are more like raw veggies :(
01:43 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
i like when your husband leaves, the place feels less cramped

Reminds me of the "I Like Turtles" kid!!

07:30 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
Well night two is not as creepy, still is weird being home alone this late.
08:11 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
You're 26 and you are scared to be alone in your house based off its age? Lol.

It's a damn baby monitor. They always make "eerie" static noises.

What are you, 12? MONSTERS!

I'm not afraid of ghosts and monsters, more like creepy stalker jason type killers. The baby monitor just sets a creepy tone in the background creating the envrioment where i am constantly look over my shoulder. Ive been married for eight years and this is the first time ive been alone at night in the house. its just weird.
Plus I somehow got this overwhelming fear that something will happen like a break in or something along those lines and I will not be able to defend me and the baby. I used to think i was this strong indestructable woman, but now that i am responsible for another life I am feeling more and more vulnerable. idk I think I'm becoming more and more parnoid the older I get. I will probably end up one of those old ladies that never leave their house and constantly peek out the curtains to survey her surrondings. We all had one or two of those in our neighborhood growing up, I'll just keep the tradition alive. ;)
08:15 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
I live in a house from the middle ages when I am home, it's rarely creepy. I hope you survived.

Really?? Thats crazy. I cant imagine being in a building that old, thats soo cool!
08:48 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
I always wanted to live in a really old house but this thread is the reason I'm so hesitant, haha.

They are really beautiful. I get scared alone in the dark no matter where I am. I just know that this area was used in prohibition by mafia being so close to Lake Ontario (shipping in canadian liquor) AND the underground railroad was huge in this community, so alot of things could have happened here haaha. I really watch too many scary movies.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos