AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Shreddy Krueger to Begin Recording Debut Album Next...

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/22/13)
Shreddy Krueger (ex-Secret and Whisper) will enter the studio next month with producer Jeff Schneeweis (Anberlin, Hawthorne Heights) to record their full-length debut. The album is expected out in the late summer/early fall via InVogue Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23.
07:56 AM on 02/22/13
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
I wish Secret & Whisper was still around. They put out some extremely solid albums. Obviously they're going to be compared to Circa, but I genuinely enjoyed them. Not enjoying this new band from what I have heard.
07:57 AM on 02/22/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish Secret & Whisper was still around. They put out some extremely solid albums. Obviously they're going to be compared to Circa, but I genuinely enjoyed them. Not enjoying this new band from what I have heard.

Their second album wasn't as impressive to me. It put me to sleep numerous times trying to listen :/
07:59 AM on 02/22/13
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
Their second album wasn't as impressive to me. It put me to sleep numerous times trying to listen :/

I know it got mixed reviews but I liked it. Some songs are such jams.
08:06 AM on 02/22/13
canvasofwinter
User Info.
Shreddy Krueger obviously isn't the same as SAW -- and they're not trying to be -- but I really enjoy them in their own right. Their EP is super good, and I'm excited for the full-length.
08:10 AM on 02/22/13
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
stutterfly was dope just saying
08:24 AM on 02/22/13
Andy43110
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They were definitely more unique as Secret and Whisper (and wish they still were around as them), but their EP is pretty solid. And it seems like a bizarre producer to go with for their type of music now, but I'm excited for this, nonetheless.
08:34 AM on 02/22/13
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.
They really were. I had mixed feelings about this spinoff, but maybe they'll make something I can dig.
09:11 AM on 02/22/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm glad people still remember Stutterfly. They were one of my favorite bands way back.
09:39 AM on 02/22/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Guys from S&W with the guy from Number One Gun recording? Color me intriguied.
09:42 AM on 02/22/13
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
I wanna like this band, but a lot of their last release was just really annoying to me.
10:09 AM on 02/22/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
wait...so you're telling me that the singer of Number One Gun has produced for Hawthorne Heights and Anberlin?
10:44 AM on 02/22/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

IMO, SAW is 1,000 times better than CS. Both of their albums are among the best I've ever heard and I think take the throne in the realm of ambient/melodic post hardcore.
10:46 AM on 02/22/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
They were definitely more unique as Secret and Whisper (and wish they still were around as them), but their EP is pretty solid. And it seems like a bizarre producer to go with for their type of music now, but I'm excited for this, nonetheless.

To everyone commenting on that, Jeff produced SAW's Teenage Fantasy so this isn't a huge surprise. As well, Jeff has produced heavy bands before such as Sever Your Ties
10:58 AM on 02/22/13
canvasofwinter
User Info.
IMO, SAW is 1,000 times better than CS. Both of their albums are among the best I've ever heard and I think take the throne in the realm of ambient/melodic post hardcore.
Teenage Fantasy is one of the most underrated albums in the genre. That album just fucking shreds from start to finish, and for whatever reason, it doesn't get a lot of love. I never could figure it out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS