Username
Password

02:28 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
Male - 24 Years Old
Hey - I'm a recruiter.

At a large company (I mean very large) you would have to send it more than once.

At a company of a smaller size with a (probably) more centralized HR/Hiring department, I would send 1 and mention in your cover letter that you would be interested in any of the four. but apply for what you feel is the best fit. {If you take this route make sure you stress that you would be interested in any of the 4 because of how much you want to work at this place - otherwise it seems like your just trying take the easy route of "whatever works".}

The reason being - in a smaller company where there is probably 1-3 recruiters/they also work in HR they will see your resume and consider it for all the positions they have - if you are a good fit. If you come across like a good candidate and you just don't QUITE fit the position yo uapplied for they are likely to say "hey, this kid is missing _____ but he could be good for that other role."

EDIT: As for your location Q - I can't tell you to move and uproot your life but you are correct in assuming that people are seeing your location and probably putting your resume aside. There are several reasons... relocation is an arduous process with lots of chances for speedbumps - companies don't need this. Secondly, most roles you are applying for (the good ones anyway) are Active and have a need of "ASAP" therefore availability is a must. If tyou dont have much experience/expertise there's no reason for a company to wait a month for you to get your life moved when they can get someone with similar skills in the area started on Monday.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos