Password

07:24 AM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
ChristopherBear
Yokohama
Male
getting a job is like getting a girl: a numbers game

EXCEPT jobs are bigger numbers

like if you talk to 100 girls, 20 should give you their number, 10 will probably bang maybe 1 anal (joking....maybe)
now with a job, from my experience when i was in america i was going hard, i applied to LOTS (all within my tricountyarea) and eventually got one due to persistence

and YES i would recommend going to a city you'd always loved to go to, go for broke and once youre there you will be supercharged to find a job. youll be on survival mode. like going to an uncharted region of china and learning chinese 20x faster that way since you need it to lve. same deal. save some money though. but yeah. go!

i hope this helped
01:07 AM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
ChristopherBear
Yokohama
Male
I wonder how many it will take until someone takes a bite though. I've applied in the past year since graduation for ~200 positions and have gotten 0 interview offers besides one that was a scam and one that wasn't going to work out (a secretary position in Montréal in which she was interviewing like 25 people for, a 13 hour drive is too much for that little of a chance and 10$/hr) And honestly, the ONLY companies that bother to even respond back to me (be it an initial application or a follow up e-mail) are the Canadian ones. I've gotten maybe 3 responses from American companies.

fuckkkkk man that sucks

just go to asia, teach english and save money
i swear its an awesome experience, mindless job and you can save lots of money and live well

try japan or korea but anywhere will be great

best advice i can give someone your age in your situation

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests