Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 69
12:49 PM on 02/22/13
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
"Big bag a dicks to those who don't" might be the funniest thing ive ever heard Trav say
01:14 PM on 02/22/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you know these are grown ass men using abbreviations to fight on twitter? also, just get on a plane. jesus christ.
01:14 PM on 02/22/13
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Travis is always involved in some Twitter drama. Anyone remember when he got in a Twitter fight with Ryan from Mixtapes?! It was pretty awesome!
01:19 PM on 02/22/13
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
The article gets a little confusing, but I think when they said he "charged his bandmates 1.5 million" i think thats referring to the 1/3 he was originally entitled to. Blink was probably guaranteed 4.5 mil to play, and Trav still wants his cut.

I have mixed feelings about that, but in his defense it is his band's name, playing songs that he helped compose. He is entitled to compensation for any use of his band's name.
01:22 PM on 02/22/13
TheModernAge
User Info.
The only thing we really learned from all of this is that Travis is not very good at spelling.
01:23 PM on 02/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
you know these are grown ass men using abbreviations to fight on twitter? also, just get on a plane. jesus christ.
Just get on a plane? Man ... that's pretty insensitive.
01:24 PM on 02/22/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Travis just seems like a douche and not just because of this. There's also that Nardwaur interview
01:25 PM on 02/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Travis just seems like a douche and not just because of this. There's also that Nardwaur interview

That one?
01:36 PM on 02/22/13
TheModernAge
User Info.
To be fair though, Nardwuar seems to have a habit of getting under peoples skin and pissing them off. I remember he interviewed Julian Casablancas and Nick Valensi from the Strokes back in like '02 and managed to piss them off too, which is notable since they seem to be two of the easiest going guys in rock and roll. It was probably the closest I've ever seen Julian to losing his composure, and I know that Nardwuar has done the same thing to a lot of other artists too. Getting people mad seems to be what he aims for with his interviews.
01:39 PM on 02/22/13
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I still don't understand why he didn't play. Do boats not exist anymore?
01:42 PM on 02/22/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Remember Travis wanted to fight that waiter on Punk'd? Good times!
01:45 PM on 02/22/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I still don't understand why he didn't play. Do boats not exist anymore?

Seems to me the guy did everything he could to overcome the fear but at the last minute decided he couldn't get on the plane. I'd feel pretty selfish if I thought the guy should spend over a month on a boat to play a few shows.

Edit: just read that article and it does sound like its a scheduling issue. I know nothing about what it takes to catch a boat to Australia lol.
01:48 PM on 02/22/13
Saint_February
User Info.
exciting weekend...fight!.

it makes perfect sense that Barker gets some of the proceeds. He lets a drummer take his place and gets 1/3 of the money. Same thing would happen if I had bartending job and let one of my friends take my position. they would pay me a percentage.

The 1.5million to be paid if they use the name Blink is odd. I don't see him saying something like that to Mark Hoppus. They aren't sticklers like...Tom. But alas, business is business. Money comes first. Before Friendship, before Family, before women.
i like you
01:59 PM on 02/22/13
JonPlus44
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Soooo, did Travis really get a 1/3 of his guarantee plus charge Tom and Mark 1.5 million dollars to play under the name Blink-182 without him? It says everything has been sorted out but doesn't clarify as to whether that was a lie or not.
Same would go if Travis and Tom decided to tour without Mark. Sounds like a contractual thing. If your bringing in income using the legal banner of "Blink-182" then all 3 partners deserve to get paid. They could have toured as "Mark & Tom" if they wanted to not pay him, but not everyone knows who Mark and Tom are by name, they are just attracted to "Blink-182"
02:04 PM on 02/22/13
JonPlus44
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What a fucking clown, i'd be just as angry at this guys failed attempts to be funny and his wack-ass questions

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos