AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fall Out Boy News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fans Report In: Fall Out Boy Will Be Playing More TTTYG Tunes on...

Posted by - 01:29 PM on 02/22/13
Wednesday night, at Pete Wentz's book signing, a fan caught up with Pete and asked if they were thinking about doing a Take This to Your Grave 10-year anniversary tour. The submitter says Pete responded with, "that's more of Patrick's call. Though we may not have an official tour for that album, we will be playing alot more of those songs on this upcoming tour."

Submitted by mgarcia1012

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55
01:35 PM on 02/22/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
A front-to-back performance of that album would certainly be awesome
01:36 PM on 02/22/13
teh_erica
do you feel.
User Info.
That just bums me out more that I couldn't get tickets to this tour.
01:43 PM on 02/22/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
They're going to surprise everyone and just play Fall Out Boy's Evening Out With Your Girlfriend front to back instead.
01:45 PM on 02/22/13
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
That just bums me out more that I couldn't get tickets to this tour.
yup. Hopefully ticket prices will go down closer to show time
01:47 PM on 02/22/13
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
User Info.
That is exciting news.
01:48 PM on 02/22/13
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It'd be a goddamn shame if they didnt do a TTYG tour.
01:57 PM on 02/22/13
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
They aren't going to do a tttyg tour. When I saw them play in LA, they said that they really believe in their new album, and want to support it very strongly. Playing 10 year anniversary tours seems to be a cash grab from bands who were really good ten years ago. FOB thinks they are really good now, and that doing said tour feels more to them like 'selling out' than supporting their new stuff.

That said, they did play like 6 songs from TTTYG, and played a different one at each show, so they pretty much did learn all the songs from it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they played most of the album (and a helping of futct) on the tour.
02:04 PM on 02/22/13
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
frankly, I'm just really hoping they keep nobody puts baby in the corner and hum hallejujah in the set. Aside from the first 4 tracks of TTTYG, patron is the only song I still spin from it but who knows. I might be in the minority, but there's alot of tracks from FAD they could play that I'd enjoy as well.
02:06 PM on 02/22/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
They have a killer catalogue at this point. A full tttyg tour would be lackluster, as bands don't give the same performance of those songs as they did when the album came out. Thank god I got to see them back when they were supporting tttyg heavily.
02:07 PM on 02/22/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I need to find tickets for this tour then.
02:09 PM on 02/22/13
x0kristennn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They aren't going to do a tttyg tour. When I saw them play in LA, they said that they really believe in their new album, and want to support it very strongly. Playing 10 year anniversary tours seems to be a cash grab from bands who were really good ten years ago. FOB thinks they are really good now, and that doing said tour feels more to them like 'selling out' than supporting their new stuff.

You're right that a ton of bands doing that w/their 10 year shows, but it works sooo... I'm just gonna keep on hoping!
02:10 PM on 02/22/13
HeyItsAllyssa
Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose
User Info.
Yes! This just made my good day even better. Can't wait for June
02:13 PM on 02/22/13
Fil_22
User Info.
FOB is the one band who's set list is irrelevant to me. They could just stand on stage and I'd be satisfied.
02:14 PM on 02/22/13
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
When I last saw them (granted this was ages ago) they played a good amount of songs from that record. I think they do appease the fans that listen to TTTYG exclusively while playing their newer songs as well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos