Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31
04:48 PM on 02/22/13
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
Postal Service being left off is an injustice; the one band I fully expected to be present.
05:00 PM on 02/22/13
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
I'm pretty sure Craig said it's not totally out of the question he'll do more Cin Sun. But I definitely want some more too.
I remember hearing something like that as well. I hope it happens, though I'll believe it when it's official.
08:56 PM on 02/22/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Horrible Crowes
City and Colour
Bad Books
Right Away, Great Captain
Dashboard Confessional
The Republic of Wolves (or Tigers On Trains)
+44/Boxcar Racer

I'm sure I can think of a few more
09:42 PM on 02/22/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Prett solid list, but I'd add Two Tongues, Dashboard Confessional, and I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business.
02:56 AM on 02/23/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Postal Service
Frou Frou
Fightstar
Charlie Simpson Solo
07:42 AM on 02/23/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't really consider +44 or AVA side projects. I mean when blink dissolved, those were their main bands (and arguably AVA is still the greater "labor of love" or what have you for Tom). Even if +44 only made one album, it was the only thing Mark was doing at that point. Not a side project. Boxcar Racer yes obviously though. Still an awesome record as well.

Right now I love the Trio's side projects: Dan's The Emergency Room and Matt's theHell (which coincidentally announced they're making new music today). And Heavens is one of my favorite one-off side projects. The New Amsterdams is one of those started-as-a-side-project deals too that I love. Bayonet is another great one.
07:53 AM on 02/23/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Prett solid list, but I'd add Two Tongues, Dashboard Confessional, and I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business.

Def agree with I Can Make A Mess. Couldn't get into Two Tongues at all despite loving both those guys' main bands. It's one of those records I need to revisit at some point though.
07:58 AM on 02/23/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Matthew Thiessen & the Earthquakes deserves a mention. He only released a few songs under that name but "The Calendar, the Energy" is SO good. A couple RK songs started out as songs from that project too. I really hope he releases an album as MT&TE one day.
08:57 AM on 02/23/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Def agree with I Can Make A Mess. Couldn't get into Two Tongues at all despite loving both those guys' main bands. It's one of those records I need to revisit at some point though.

I've never been a huge Saves the Day fan, but I enjoyed the Two Tongues self titled a lot.
10:22 AM on 02/23/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
How was the Postal Service not even mentioned? Also, Mess is definitely a big miss.
I don't really count Dashboard as a side project. They might as well just named this "We love all of Blink's related work, except for Travis's weird stuff with the Transplants"
10:23 AM on 02/23/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
I don't really consider +44 or AVA side projects. I mean when blink dissolved, those were their main bands (and arguably AVA is still the greater "labor of love" or what have you for Tom). Even if +44 only made one album, it was the only thing Mark was doing at that point. Not a side project. Boxcar Racer yes obviously though. Still an awesome record as well.

Right now I love the Trio's side projects: Dan's The Emergency Room and Matt's theHell (which coincidentally announced they're making new music today). And Heavens is one of my favorite one-off side projects. The New Amsterdams is one of those started-as-a-side-project deals too that I love. Bayonet is another great one.
Omg how could anyone forget The New Amsterdams? They definitely should have made the list, especially with Matt just recently announcing Outroduction will the last TNA album.
02:02 PM on 02/23/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Omg how could anyone forget The New Amsterdams? They definitely should have made the list, especially with Matt just recently announcing Outroduction will the last TNA album.

Yeah they were fresh in my mind cause of the announcement, still easily one of my favorites though.
08:37 AM on 02/24/13
Festivus
for the rest of us...
User Info.
I feel like every time I click on a link to a POZ list I get massively frustrated with oversights such as The Postal Service, Dashboard Confessional, and Desperacidos in this case (plus maybe throw in Farewell Continental, The Good Life, and I really dig Old Canes, which is a folky Appleseed Cast side project). I get that it is supposed to spark discussion, but a part of me is disappointed when I see a list with three blink-182 spin-offs taking spots.

Maybe I'm just being ridiculous. I'm being ridiculous. I'll stop.
11:21 AM on 02/25/13
hintsofgold
blue
User Info.
Dashboard for sure should have been on there. Am I the only one who liked Straylight Run?
Maybe that doesn't fall under the definition of "side projects" since I believe Nolan quit TBS before, but still.
05:00 PM on 02/25/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Blaqk Audio
Right Away, Great Captain
The Prize Fighter Inferno

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music