Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts
09:28 PM on 02/22/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
I'm assuming Rob Zombie will be the headliner with Bullet and Killswitch on the main stage. I know Behemoth is definitely playing and Cannibal Corpse is heavily rumored. I'm happy it's back at PNC Bank Arts Center!
01:26 PM on 02/23/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Rumormill: System of a Down, Rammstein, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Overkill, and Cannibal Corpse.
Rammstein is a no. LoG is up in the air due to the trial. Hatebreed isn't doing any festival tours like Warped or Mayhem. Heard System but I think they might be too expensive. Overkill I can see on it and CC is almost a definite.
07:20 PM on 02/23/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Yeah did some more reading and apparently this is the lineup: Rob Zombie, Deftones, Killswitch Engage, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Behemoth and Job For A Cowboy. I find that hard to believe since the venues they have booked are amphitheaters, and I don't think that the three headliners of Rob Zombie Deftones, Killswitch Engage could bring in a big enough crowd to get anywhere close to capacity in these venues. That is the only reason why I still believe the System Of A Down rumor (though I don't think that Mayhem can shell out that kinda money).
They're also going to be 4 stages this year which makes things a little more pricey. One stage is sponsored by Sumerian Records too so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few bands from that label on Mayhem. Some top contenders I think are Periphery, The Faceless and Animals as Leaders. Hey, I'll be happy if Korn isn't headlining again lol.
08:59 PM on 02/24/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Amen to that, enough Korn. They had the SUmerian Stage last year at the Dallas date and it was with bands on the label, however they were pretty much no name bands.

Yeah. I hate how Mayhem and Uproar repeat headliners. I'm pretty sure A7X will headline Uproar this year due to that new album coming out. I know there's a lot of bands out there that would be awesome to headline Mayhem. That would be awesome if they brought Metallica or Rammstein or Maiden but I don't think Lyman has the money to do it and tickets won't be cheap.
10:18 PM on 02/26/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Yeah I honestly believe they should just get rid of Uproar all together. The problem is that their are only so many Hard Rock/Heavy Metal bands that can ACTUALLY bring a crowd at these Amphitheaters these days, so their has to be rehash because their is no one else. All I know is the Iron Maiden show last year was 50x better than last years Mayhem Festival! But your right, it's a long shot in hell to think that Kevin would pay that much money for those guys.
Actually, Uproar has a better turnout than Mayhem. Uproar has the scene kids and the hard rock/rock radio crowd too. Mayhem mostly has the metal heads and some radio rock fans. I think the touring festival they need to bring back is Projekt Revolution. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a die hard LP fan but they had the greatest selection of bands. I think the last year they did PR (in 08 I believe), the lineup was LP, Chris Cornell, The Bravery, Busta Rhymes, Ashes Divide, Atreyu, Hawthorne Heights, Armor For Sleep and 10 Years. Just a great mix of a lot of genres. The year before, the mainstage was LP, MCR, TBS, HIM, Julien-K and Placebo. The top 3 bands were all Bamboozle headliners that year.

Going back to Mayhem/Uproar, I think Uproar has the best chance of survival. There are still a lot of radio rock bands out there that could do the whole tour. You still have headliners in Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, 3 Doors Down, Daughtry, Stone Temple Pilots or even Scott solo. If I was booking the bands for Uproar, there wouldn't be a single mainstage repeat in at least 5 years. As for Mayhem, every year it's digging itself deeper and deeper. This isn't Ozzfest. That was a perfect metal festival since Ozzy or Sabbath could headline every year. I remember one year had Sabbath headline and Maiden was main support. That's incredible to say the least. The last one had Motley Crue as main support which still says a lot. If Kevin wants both of these festivals to last, he better start shelling out some dough.
07:13 PM on 02/27/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Agree with Projekt Revolution, I was their the year they did LP MCR Taking Back Sunday and it was awesome. I honestly have never been to Uproar, because i could honestly care less about a festival concert after summer is over with. But your right, Kevin needs to start shelling out the cash to get these Maidens, Metallicas, System of a down, or Rammsteins on board (hell even Crue would work out). He can't just be rehashing the same headliners every single year and expect people to still come out, especially if he wants to get numbers anywhere close to last years with Slipknot and Slayer.
If it was up to me, I'd do anything in my power to get the Big 4 touring. Kevin has booked every one of them except for Metallica and it's about time he does so. Think about it..they played I think 3 shows in the US (2 at the Coachella place and 1 at Yankees Stadium) and they sold out in a heartbeat. The demand is there. Amphitheaters would work also since you don't have people traveling halfway across the US for a one off show. Have one side stage with Lamb of God, Machinehead, Testament and two other bands. Sounds pricey but with just 9 bands, you can easily put the Mayhem name at number 1 on the map. Do it next year and promote the name "Mayhem 20 Big 4teen" or something like that.
07:43 AM on 03/02/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I agree that would be really cool, and 2014 would be perfect. I don't think Kevin can make that happen, that'd honestly have to be a live nation AEG deal. But that needs to happen! I also think that a clash of the titans reunion would be cool.
Yeah Kevin doesn't have that kind of power. Also, if he did clash of the titans, people would rather want Big 4. It's nothing new or out of the ordinary. Clash happened like 2 years ago. I guess we just have to wait and see. We got another 16 more days until this year's lineup is released. That should mean we have another week until the lineup leaks out lol.
07:05 PM on 03/04/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I agree that would be really cool, and 2014 would be perfect. I don't think Kevin can make that happen, that'd honestly have to be a live nation AEG deal. But that needs to happen! I also think that a clash of the titans reunion would be cool.
Just saw right now that Emmure is on Mayhem Fest this year. From their Facebook page:

"U.S.A / CANADA WE HAVE NO FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU! Stay tuned on MARCH 18th as we make a special announcement for all you NORTH AMERICAN AND CANADIAN FANS!"
09:16 PM on 03/07/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Huh? I mean makes sense, I read somewhere last week that Kevin is trying to get some of the scene bands on the bill for Mayhem. It makes sense, their will no doubt be some metal heads pissed about this, but hell I am stoked for it.

ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!!!!

Yeah man. Ever since Whitechapel played the second one, there's been a lot of scene kids there. I don't mind them. Should be a great show nonetheless!
09:09 AM on 03/09/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Yeah me neither all I know is that blabbermouth.net will be pissed. But honestly fuck that whole anti scene movement, it doesn't back venues and is arrogant. Bands like Emmure can bring it just as hard as bands like Cannibal Corpse
It's strange. In the eyes of Blabbermouth and other websites, they don't take kindly to any new bands or bands that have a majority of fans under 21. They don't realize that the Big 4, Cannibal Corpse, and those type of bands can't tour forever. It's a dumb move not accepting newer metal bands. In 5-10 years, some of those bands will become gigantic in the metal scene.
11:45 PM on 03/09/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
It's however the main reason why some of todays bigger metal acts aren't considered metal by a lot of metal fans. Case and point A7X and Five Finger Death Punch, both are arguably the two biggest metal acts to have blown up in the past five years. Yet a lot of Cannibal Corpse Big 4 fans think that they suck and aren't metal. Truth is Cannibal Corpse(I hate using them as an example because they are a good band, and IMPORTANT AS HELL to the scene today) can't bring the crowds A7X and Five Finger Death Punch. Sure Metallica can bring bigger crowds than those two but they don't do tours like Mayhem. Slayer can bring big crowds, but they can't do Mayhem every year. In order for this scene to prosper and survive, the metal community has to be a little more accepting of newer bands. I hate Five Finger Death Punch, but if they were headlining Mayhem with a bunch of cool ass bands, I'd still go.
Agree 110%. They fail to realize that when Metallica released the Black album, they were considered "posers" and "sell outs" by the older metal community who were into Sabbath, Maiden and Priest at the time. It's just going to be a never ending thing in the metal community. I have no problems with 5FDP or A7X at all. I think those bands and also Killswitch, Bullet for my Valentine and a select few scene bands will become the new generation of metal that'll be around for awhile. Then when they become the older veterans, those fans will hate the newer bands lol.
07:51 PM on 03/17/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
It's however the main reason why some of todays bigger metal acts aren't considered metal by a lot of metal fans. Case and point A7X and Five Finger Death Punch, both are arguably the two biggest metal acts to have blown up in the past five years. Yet a lot of Cannibal Corpse Big 4 fans think that they suck and aren't metal. Truth is Cannibal Corpse(I hate using them as an example because they are a good band, and IMPORTANT AS HELL to the scene today) can't bring the crowds A7X and Five Finger Death Punch. Sure Metallica can bring bigger crowds than those two but they don't do tours like Mayhem. Slayer can bring big crowds, but they can't do Mayhem every year. In order for this scene to prosper and survive, the metal community has to be a little more accepting of newer bands. I hate Five Finger Death Punch, but if they were headlining Mayhem with a bunch of cool ass bands, I'd still go.
From what I've heard, this is the lineup:

Rob Zombie
Five Finger Death Punch
Mastodon
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom
Behemoth
Emmure
Born of Osiris
Motionless in White
Thrown In To Exhile
Machine Head
Job For A Cowboy
Butcher Babies
Battlecross
Huntress
City In The Sea
08:39 PM on 03/19/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I like it! Even though Five Finger is on it.
Not too bad of a lineup. I wish they would trade out FFDP for Killswitch but whatever.
09:18 PM on 03/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I agree 100R%, but FFDP brings a bigger crowd than KSE. But all in all good lineup, not as good as last year.

I think FFDP would be incredible on Uproar. Imagine Avenged Sevenfold, FFDP, Stone Sour, Bullet and Papa Roach on the main stage. That sounds like a pretty stacked bill not even including the side stages.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos