Username
Password
Metal News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 42 of 42.
06:43 PM on 03/07/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just saw right now that Emmure is on Mayhem Fest this year. From their Facebook page:

"U.S.A / CANADA WE HAVE NO FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU! Stay tuned on MARCH 18th as we make a special announcement for all you NORTH AMERICAN AND CANADIAN FANS!"

Huh? I mean makes sense, I read somewhere last week that Kevin is trying to get some of the scene bands on the bill for Mayhem. It makes sense, their will no doubt be some metal heads pissed about this, but hell I am stoked for it.

ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!!!!
08:16 PM on 03/07/13
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
Huh? I mean makes sense, I read somewhere last week that Kevin is trying to get some of the scene bands on the bill for Mayhem. It makes sense, their will no doubt be some metal heads pissed about this, but hell I am stoked for it.

ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!!!!

Yeah man. Ever since Whitechapel played the second one, there's been a lot of scene kids there. I don't mind them. Should be a great show nonetheless!
06:39 AM on 03/09/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah man. Ever since Whitechapel played the second one, there's been a lot of scene kids there. I don't mind them. Should be a great show nonetheless!

Yeah me neither all I know is that blabbermouth.net will be pissed. But honestly fuck that whole anti scene movement, it doesn't back venues and is arrogant. Bands like Emmure can bring it just as hard as bands like Cannibal Corpse
08:09 AM on 03/09/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Yeah me neither all I know is that blabbermouth.net will be pissed. But honestly fuck that whole anti scene movement, it doesn't back venues and is arrogant. Bands like Emmure can bring it just as hard as bands like Cannibal Corpse
It's strange. In the eyes of Blabbermouth and other websites, they don't take kindly to any new bands or bands that have a majority of fans under 21. They don't realize that the Big 4, Cannibal Corpse, and those type of bands can't tour forever. It's a dumb move not accepting newer metal bands. In 5-10 years, some of those bands will become gigantic in the metal scene.
06:17 PM on 03/09/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's strange. In the eyes of Blabbermouth and other websites, they don't take kindly to any new bands or bands that have a majority of fans under 21. They don't realize that the Big 4, Cannibal Corpse, and those type of bands can't tour forever. It's a dumb move not accepting newer metal bands. In 5-10 years, some of those bands will become gigantic in the metal scene.

It's however the main reason why some of todays bigger metal acts aren't considered metal by a lot of metal fans. Case and point A7X and Five Finger Death Punch, both are arguably the two biggest metal acts to have blown up in the past five years. Yet a lot of Cannibal Corpse Big 4 fans think that they suck and aren't metal. Truth is Cannibal Corpse(I hate using them as an example because they are a good band, and IMPORTANT AS HELL to the scene today) can't bring the crowds A7X and Five Finger Death Punch. Sure Metallica can bring bigger crowds than those two but they don't do tours like Mayhem. Slayer can bring big crowds, but they can't do Mayhem every year. In order for this scene to prosper and survive, the metal community has to be a little more accepting of newer bands. I hate Five Finger Death Punch, but if they were headlining Mayhem with a bunch of cool ass bands, I'd still go.
10:45 PM on 03/09/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
It's however the main reason why some of todays bigger metal acts aren't considered metal by a lot of metal fans. Case and point A7X and Five Finger Death Punch, both are arguably the two biggest metal acts to have blown up in the past five years. Yet a lot of Cannibal Corpse Big 4 fans think that they suck and aren't metal. Truth is Cannibal Corpse(I hate using them as an example because they are a good band, and IMPORTANT AS HELL to the scene today) can't bring the crowds A7X and Five Finger Death Punch. Sure Metallica can bring bigger crowds than those two but they don't do tours like Mayhem. Slayer can bring big crowds, but they can't do Mayhem every year. In order for this scene to prosper and survive, the metal community has to be a little more accepting of newer bands. I hate Five Finger Death Punch, but if they were headlining Mayhem with a bunch of cool ass bands, I'd still go.
Agree 110%. They fail to realize that when Metallica released the Black album, they were considered "posers" and "sell outs" by the older metal community who were into Sabbath, Maiden and Priest at the time. It's just going to be a never ending thing in the metal community. I have no problems with 5FDP or A7X at all. I think those bands and also Killswitch, Bullet for my Valentine and a select few scene bands will become the new generation of metal that'll be around for awhile. Then when they become the older veterans, those fans will hate the newer bands lol.
06:51 PM on 03/17/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
From what I've heard, this is the lineup:

Rob Zombie
Five Finger Death Punch
Mastodon
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom
Behemoth
Emmure
Born of Osiris
Motionless in White
Thrown In To Exhile
Machine Head
Job For A Cowboy
Butcher Babies
Battlecross
Huntress
City In The Sea
06:31 PM on 03/19/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From what I've heard, this is the lineup:

Rob Zombie
Five Finger Death Punch
Mastodon
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom
Behemoth
Emmure
Born of Osiris
Motionless in White
Thrown In To Exhile
Machine Head
Job For A Cowboy
Butcher Babies
Battlecross
Huntress
City In The Sea

I like it! Even though Five Finger is on it.
07:39 PM on 03/19/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I like it! Even though Five Finger is on it.
Not too bad of a lineup. I wish they would trade out FFDP for Killswitch but whatever.
06:04 PM on 03/21/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not too bad of a lineup. I wish they would trade out FFDP for Killswitch but whatever.

I agree 100R%, but FFDP brings a bigger crowd than KSE. But all in all good lineup, not as good as last year.
08:18 PM on 03/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I agree 100R%, but FFDP brings a bigger crowd than KSE. But all in all good lineup, not as good as last year.

I think FFDP would be incredible on Uproar. Imagine Avenged Sevenfold, FFDP, Stone Sour, Bullet and Papa Roach on the main stage. That sounds like a pretty stacked bill not even including the side stages.
05:23 AM on 03/23/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think FFDP would be incredible on Uproar. Imagine Avenged Sevenfold, FFDP, Stone Sour, Bullet and Papa Roach on the main stage. That sounds like a pretty stacked bill not even including the side stages.

yeah totally, throw All that Remains and KSE on the same bill and Uproar is golden.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS