Username
Password
Band Break-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Band Break-Up
Inside AP.net

Trapped Under Ice Go On Hiatus

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/23/13)
Trapped Under Ice are going on a "pretty lengthy hiatus" after their shows this summer.
Hello World. TUI here. We're writing to give everyone an update on the future of the band. Let's get straight to the point: Beginning in August 2013, Trapped Under Ice is going on a pretty lengthy hiatus. We are NOT breaking up. This is by no means the end of TUI. We just decided that it was important to keep the band fresh and something the five of us enjoy. We don't wanna spin the wheels for nothing and just write music because we feel like we have to. We don't really feel right about just putting out another record for the sake of touring right now. So, while its still fun, we're gonna go on a little break, do all our own things, then take it from there.

At this time, we just want to emphasize that TUI, as a band, and as people, all still love hardcore and punk music. We all play in other bands and still tour. More importantly, we're five people who still love each other and love playing music together. None of that has changed. We've been around the world and back a couple times together and all grown a lot as individuals in this band. Made amazing friends and played with some of our favorite bands. We just wanted to keep it honest for people that have stuck with us through thick and thin over the years. There's no beef, no drama. So anything you hear or read thats not in these paragraphs is 100% NOT true. After a lot of deliberation, we just all felt it was a good time to step back, take a breather, and get a fresh perspective on things.

So, with that being said, we aren't going on hiatus just yet. We still have a bunch of shows in the next six months, including a California weekend, a show in Hawaii, United Blood (Richmond VA), New England Metal Fest (Mass), Groezrock in Belgium (our one and only mainland European show), a UK tour with our friends Backtrack, Canada, and shows in Baltimore and DC. Wrapping it up this summer at This Is Hardcore Fest in Philly, for what will be our last show for roughly a couple years (2015). We'd love for everyone to come out and have fun.

This beast isn't dead, merely sleeping.

Signed Brad, Brendan, Sam, Justice, and Jared. - AKA Trapped Under Ice

Here is a full list of our shows. It is not likely we will be adding any shows between now and then so if you plan on seeing us anytime soon, this is it.

California
W/ Soul Search
3/18 Anaheim CA @ Chain Reaction
3/19 Canoga Park @ Cobalt Cafe
3/20 San Francisco @ Thee Parkside

Hawaii
3/23

United Blood Festival Richmond, Virginia
3/29 & 3/30

New England Metal and Hardcore Fest in MA
4/19

Groezrock Fest in Belgium (our only mainland European show)
4/27

UK W/ Backtrack

29/04 Southampton @ Joiners
30/04 Kingston @ Peel
01/05 Brighton @ Haunt
02/05 Manchester @ NQ Live
03/05 Glasgow @ Classic Grand
04/05 Sheffield @ Outbreak Festival
05/05 Bristol @ Fleece
06/05 Plymouth @ White Rabbit
07/05 London @ Underworld
07/06 Ireland

This Is Hardcore
August 8-11

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
12:30 PM on 02/23/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
They needed to thaw out
12:30 PM on 02/23/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
This is really sad news for me. Secrets of the World and Stay Cold still have some of my favorite hardcore jams. Hopefully they fill that schedule in with a few more shows, hopefully closer to Michigan.
12:40 PM on 02/23/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
But.. TUI till I die...
12:54 PM on 02/23/13
Chrisj182
User Info.
Glad I get to see them at outbreak fest this year then. In all fairness, Big Kiss Goodnight was no where near as good as Stay Cold and Secrets of the World. Still the best hardcore band out right now.
01:04 PM on 02/23/13
punchedbyagirl
blaremagazine.com // Josh
User Info.
So they're just taking a break from releasing another album? It seems like every band needs to explain themselves if they're not writing a new record immediately after a few tours.
01:09 PM on 02/23/13
joppyxtsl
hun?
User Info.
Hopefully that means a full Diamond (youth) tour in the near future.
01:13 PM on 02/23/13
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
So they're just taking a break from releasing another album? It seems like every band needs to explain themselves if they're not writing a new record immediately after a few tours.
People grow to expect a new album every 2 years. I'd guess that bands just want to keep people updated so as to not leave anyone wondering "hey, where's the new album" or "i want new tui." I think it's cool that they'd go out of their way to do that. It's better than them just falling off the map without explanation I'd say :o
01:45 PM on 02/23/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Isn't this the band with the singer who jumped into a mosh pit and beat the crap out of one of their fans?
01:45 PM on 02/23/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This band was nuts when I saw them, I was hoping I'd get to see them again

Also this means Sam can just focus on Diamond Youth now! Good news
02:00 PM on 02/23/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Isn't this the band with the singer who jumped into a mosh pit and beat the crap out of one of their fans?
Yeah. A guy jumped on their vocalist during a set, and he didn't like that too much. He punched the dude twice and broke the his jaw.
02:06 PM on 02/23/13
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Such a bummer. Gonna have to make it down to Philly for This Is Hardcore again this year.
02:30 PM on 02/23/13
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
don't listen to this band too much, but if you're going to go on a hiatus, this is the way you announce it. don't suddenly announce a hiatus and give none of your fans a chance to see you, they did this right.
02:40 PM on 02/23/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Yeah. A guy jumped on their vocalist during a set, and he didn't like that too much. He punched the dude twice and broke the his jaw.

Seems fair. I mean it isn't like people never touch each other in a mosh pit.
03:02 PM on 02/23/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Band is generic as fuck. DMND Youth is better.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests