AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 128
02:54 AM on 02/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I understand completely, P.S. I have blocked this band from my news feed NUMEROUS times, yet somehow it seeps through... also Fun. is an extremely talented band who (I feel) are 100% deserving of their success. Fall Out Boy seems like a band who saw the attention Blink-182 got by going on hiatus and followed in their footsteps almost as a marketing strategy. I'm 100% positive the "reunion" was planned from the start. Pete Wentz is a fucking tool, but I'm sure he's smart enough to know Ashley Simpsons albums sales won't pay his bills forever.
I added it for you. Should work.
02:55 AM on 02/24/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
i hope 2 chainz is on the album.
02:55 AM on 02/24/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
10 track albums are the worst.
02:56 AM on 02/24/13
cornchipsRpunk
Team Zissou
User Info.

Like I said, I've filtered this band a few times. Not trying to be a dick, to each his own or whatever, but do you think this band really needs more exposure?
02:56 AM on 02/24/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I understand completely, P.S. I have blocked this band from my news feed NUMEROUS times, yet somehow it seeps through... also Fun. is an extremely talented band who (I feel) are 100% deserving of their success. Fall Out Boy seems like a band who saw the attention Blink-182 got by going on hiatus and followed in their footsteps almost as a marketing strategy. I'm 100% positive the "reunion" was planned from the start. Pete Wentz is a fucking tool, but I'm sure he's smart enough to know Ashley Simpsons albums sales won't pay his bills forever.
i mean, if you of all people are 100% positive, it must have been a publicity stunt. damn.
02:57 AM on 02/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Like I said, I've filtered this band a few times. Not trying to be a dick, to each his own or whatever, but do you think this band really needs more exposure?
I don't post about bands because they need or don't exposure - I post about things I feel are interested or that I feel people want to read and discuss. I think Fall Out Boy are one of the top pop-rock bands out there.
03:02 AM on 02/24/13
cornchipsRpunk
Team Zissou
User Info.
i mean, if you of all people are 100% positive, it must have been a publicity stunt. damn.

Told you.
03:04 AM on 02/24/13
cornchipsRpunk
Team Zissou
User Info.
I don't post about bands because they need or don't exposure - I post about things I feel are interested or that I feel people want to read and discuss. I think Fall Out Boy are one of the top pop-rock bands out there.

Fair enough.
03:06 AM on 02/24/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
shit man, this isn't their last album. i'll take a short, concise piece of work over an overloaded 14-17 song album with 4-5 tracks of filler any day of the week.
I dunno why so many people get bummed about how many songs a new album has. If they wrote 14 good songs they are happy with, they would have been on the album. I'm like you, I'd rather have something concise and consistent than bloated with filler.
03:07 AM on 02/24/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
You should start a new site dedicated to fall out boy; That way your boner for this piece of shit band wont bother the rest of us who want to read news about musicians who don't ruin the world.
03:09 AM on 02/24/13
JayDanielHammer
then-now-maggle.tumblr.com
User Info.
These threads always go smoothly.
04:59 AM on 02/24/13
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
Good length, imo. I don't like albums that are too lengthy.

Music news isn't just about exposure. It's about being up to date with the artists you care about. Heck, that's what any kind of news is about. What's new.
05:28 AM on 02/24/13
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
This. Speaking of filler, Panic's last album had like 11 songs and a ton of filler parts. I'm still disappointed in that album. But FOB songs aren't usually like that, so I've got my hopes up.
"Hurricane", "The Calendar", and "Sarah Smiles" are fantastic. I'd agree that the rest felt like filler. Still totally stoked for their new album, though.
06:21 AM on 02/24/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
"Hurricane", "The Calendar", and "Sarah Smiles" are fantastic. I'd agree that the rest felt like filler. Still totally stoked for their new album, though.
The Calendar was one of only two songs I didn't think were awesome. "Trade Mistakes" is one of the best songs they've ever done.
06:47 AM on 02/24/13
mark29
User Info.
Hey that ignore user functionality is pretty effective

back on topic: At first I thought that it would be lame to only have 10 songs but then I remembered how dense the last panic! album felt so maybe it won't be so bad

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos