AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Metallica Announce 2013 Orion Music + More Festival...

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/25/13)
Metallica have announced the line-up for the second annual Orion Music + More Festival. Performers include Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Deftones and more. The event will take place at Belle Isle in Detroit, MI on June 8 and 9. Full details can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:35 AM on 02/25/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Metallica, in conjunction with their friends C3 Presents, are pleased to announce the lineup for the 2013 Orion Music + More Festival, to be held at Belle Isle in Detroit, MI on June 8 and 9. Headliners will include Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Deftones and Bassnectar, while the festival will also feature amazing acts including Gogol Bordello, Foals, Tomahawk, The Joy Formidable, Death Grips and local Detroit bands The Dirtbombs, DEATH and BATTLECROSS.

"Last year's Orion Music + More Festival was hands down the highlight of the Metallica calendar. A great time was had by all, especially the band members," said Lars Ulrich. "The fact that it also resonated with enough of our fans and friends that it warrants another go-around in '13 is beyond exciting. I can think of no better place than the Motor City, with its rich and diverse history of music, for the second ride on our Orion festival train. Bring it the fuck on!"

Orion Music + More will feature more than 30 bands across 5 live music stages plus a lifestyle element that reflects each of Metallica's band members many personal interests. Detroit will see the return of James Hetfield's Custom Car & Motorcycle Show, Kirk Hammett's Crypt, Lars Ulrich's Hit the Lights Film Tent and Robert Trujillo's Vans Vert Ramp alongside the Metallica Museum and many other fan favorite attractions.

The inaugural Orion Music + More was held in 2012 in Atlantic City, NJ with headliners Metallica, Arctic Monkeys and Avenged Sevenfold. The 2-day festival was met with praise from both fans and critics alike: "Orion Music and More Fest was curated to be a tremendously fan-friendly experience," said Rolling Stone. The Village Voice said "the way that the band left its stamp on all aspects of the festival (particular the big-tent aspect of the musical lineup) gave it a charge of intimacy and care that was much more present than at other multi-band, multi-day extravaganzas I've attended in recent years."

The Metallica Met Club fan club presale starts February 26th at 10am (Eastern) and runs through February 28th at 10pm (Eastern). Met Club members get first dibs on buying festival tickets with a couple of options to choose from:

- A Super Special Price at $125 including all fees for a 2-Day Pass OR
- The MET CLUB ULTRA 2-DAY PASS, which includes Front of Stage Viewing for Metallica's set, Exclusive Ultra Lounge Access & More for $225 including all fees!

Orion Music + More E-list members will get a chance to purchase $150 2-Day Passes before they go on-sale to the public. This presale starts February 27 at 10am (Eastern) and runs through February 28th at 10pm (Eastern).

Tickets will go on-sale to the public on March 1 at 10am (Eastern) for $150 for a 2-Day Pass including all fees. Visit www.orionmusicandmore.com to buy tickets.

Stay tuned for additional Orion Music + More announcements.
11:59 AM on 02/25/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Finally get a rock festival and its Metallica :(
Would love to see lots of these bands but since I really don't want to see either headliner I don't think I'll be forking over $150
12:02 PM on 02/25/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is going to be a blast
12:24 PM on 02/25/13
SHESmyRUSHMORE
User Info.
Death grips playing a lot of fests. I hope they play lolla.
12:58 PM on 02/25/13
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
The Chili Peppers headlining festivals is sooo last summer.
01:18 PM on 02/25/13
ARo2431
User Info.
I'm on the fence about going to this. It's a pretty solid lineup IMO and I'm sure it will be a blast. Also it won't be scorching hot out. All my money will be going to Tigers tickets this weekend though.
01:35 PM on 02/25/13
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
This was in Atlantic City last year, right?

EDIT: Doh, says that in the press release...wonder why they moved it.
01:58 PM on 02/25/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I'm on the fence about going to this. It's a pretty solid lineup IMO and I'm sure it will be a blast. Also it won't be scorching hot out. All my money will be going to Tigers tickets this weekend though.

You getting season tix? I'd love to but I think I'll be too busy this year
02:08 PM on 02/25/13
ARo2431
User Info.
You getting season tix? I'd love to but I think I'll be too busy this year

I wish haha. I guess I shouldn't have said all my money. But I want to get tickets for the home opener Friday or for Saturday. I realized last night the Andrew Mchahon show is that Friday too and I already have tix for that. It could be a hell of a day/ weekend.
04:29 PM on 02/25/13
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
Another awesome line-up. I went to the one in AC last year and it was a blast. Thinking about making a road trip out of this one!
04:42 PM on 02/25/13
Djentleman
User Info.
bring this to the bay area, where your band started. dickheads
05:08 PM on 02/25/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
glad to see this will be on belle isle and i'll probably go. as far as metallica is concerned though, y'all can keep them in the bay if you want
06:54 PM on 02/25/13
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
dropkick murphys, silversun pickups, dillinger escape plan NOT mentioned?
06:55 PM on 02/26/13
jerkstore20
Douchebag Deluxe.
User Info.
bring this to the bay area, where your band started. dickheads
hey, remember that time they played 4 epic shows in a week in SF and the original line-up stood onstage together to play Kill 'Em All songs? yeah, that didn't happen anywhere else, so fuck yourself. dickhead.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests