Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 160 of 160
03:59 PM on 02/26/13
BSmittyAu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For every animal he doesn't eat, I'm gonna eat two.
05:32 PM on 02/26/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
This seems 100% silly, but good for Morrissey for standing up for his beliefs. Sucks though, I'd much rather see a Morrissey performance than watch 30 seconds of the garbage that is Duck Dynasty.
08:15 PM on 02/26/13
danperez
User Info.
I would moreso respect an announcement from Morrissey stating that he will play if only because of his fans. That would have solved the douche element, seeing as how there were probably fans planning to see him live.

I mean the large-capacity Staples Center isn't fully complying with Morrissey's demands either. He asked that all vendors must be vegetarian. I wonder why he isn't willing to cancel that one?

Oh Morrissey, Money Changes Everything, doesn't it?
08:49 PM on 02/26/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
The only difference is that YOU are a human. I'm sure if you were a duck, you would feel a bit differently about it. What is the logic that leads you to believe that the life of an animal is less valid than the life of a human?

okay seriously? you just said that? if a duck, and a child were side by side and one had to live and one had to die you'd face a moral conflict over which one's life held more value?
09:42 PM on 02/26/13
straylight70x7
I FEEL GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!
User Info.
C'mon guys. The guy is obviously an asshole. I mean, it's not like he named an album "Meat is Murder" 28 years ago or anything...
09:53 PM on 02/26/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Who in the blue hell are Churchill?
11:14 PM on 02/26/13
MikeyAndTheCity
User Info.
Duck Commander / Duck Dynasty > Morrissey / The Smiths all day every day... What's the big deal about hunting being immoral and wrong these past twenty something years anyways, especially to this extent?... If undomesticated animals weren't meant to be feasted upon and humans as a race solely relied on vegetation and farming to survive this far along into mankind's existence on Earth, there would be way more barren, unfruitful places and even more starving people on this planet.

A starving human may think once or twice before killing and eating a snake or komodo dragon, but a starving snake or komodo dragon wouldn't think at all before killing and eating a person. This is not their fault though, it is programmed into their instincts. Animal's brains function on a lesser level than humans. That's one of many reasons why they aren't considered highly intelligent being, obviously.

I was born and raised in Texas (I know DD is based out of Louisiana and Morrissey is from England) and I can't deny that the people that surround me influenced me or my beliefs, but the Robertson fellas on Duck Dynasty are filthy rich, decent, somewhat nutty, God fearing men and it seems rather ridiculous that Morrissey would bail out on his fans tuning in and his prior commitments solely to uphold his personal beliefs in animal rights and vegetarianism. That's kindly chickenshit. Seems about like taking a sick day off work to play Marvel vs Capcom all day when you have one of the most fulfilling engaging jobs in the world.

If anything, he should of asked Kimmel's producers to be able to get all C-SPAN on their asses and challenge their beliefs in a no punches held debate on the show. It wouldn't do anything less than raise Kimmel's and Duck Dynasty's viewer base and Morrsissey's listening base.

Meat is not always murder, it is a means to survive; unless you're eating beef, chicken, and pork every night and still purposely filling all your deer tags every hunting season just to come back to work on Monday and say you killed something like some folks I know.

Everyone has their opinions, but you don't have to be a sniveling little bitch about it. Morrissey may of refused to do the show because cast members of Duck Dynasty were to appear on there, but I can almost guarantee you that Duck Dynasty wouldn't of cancelled on Kimmel just because Morrissey was on there. They might not even know who Morissey is. What type of statement was he trying to make by doing this? That he's too good to share the stage with human beings of opposing beliefs, but he'd share a stage with a bunch of animals he couldn't even communicate or debate with? Not that DD and Morrissey would of ever even said anything to each other at this event.

Regardless, this is awesome for Churchill though. They're way better than anything ex- The Smiths related with the exception of the one album Johnny Marr did with Modest Mouse.

I don't have time to reply to every point here but come on! First of all, survival and killing for entertainment are NOT the same thing. It's not like he cancelled because Jimmy Kimmel eats meat, he cancelled because these yahoos murder on television for entertainment, how can you not see something wrong with that? Secondly, DD, as you said, are filthy rich - not starving or poor and trying to make ends meet.

I realize I won't change your mind on the matter but to call someone a sniveling little bitch about standing up for his beliefs is absurd. I wouldn't want to associate with people who murder for sport either. And before you call me a bleeding heart liberal vegetarian, I'm not. I eat meat but I don't stand on a soapbox condemning people for being more compassionate towards other living beings. Species hunt, that's fine and it's a part of life, I'm not extreme about it (Peta is the devil) but I live my life by valuing even the smallest of life and trying not to kill them, especially for enjoyment (and yes, that even means not killing mosquitos, as tempting as it may be). I support Morrissey's decision and think it's admirable to live your life that way.
03:48 AM on 02/27/13
NationalProduct
User Info.
level 100 error

03:57 AM on 02/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I don't have time to reply to every point here but come on! First of all, survival and killing for entertainment are NOT the same thing. It's not like he cancelled because Jimmy Kimmel eats meat, he cancelled because these yahoos murder on television for entertainment, how can you not see something wrong with that? Secondly, DD, as you said, are filthy rich - not starving or poor and trying to make ends meet.

I realize I won't change your mind on the matter but to call someone a sniveling little bitch about standing up for his beliefs is absurd. I wouldn't want to associate with people who murder for sport either. And before you call me a bleeding heart liberal vegetarian, I'm not. I eat meat but I don't stand on a soapbox condemning people for being more compassionate towards other living beings. Species hunt, that's fine and it's a part of life, I'm not extreme about it (Peta is the devil) but I live my life by valuing even the smallest of life and trying not to kill them, especially for enjoyment (and yes, that even means not killing mosquitos, as tempting as it may be). I support Morrissey's decision and think it's admirable to live your life that way.
yep.
03:53 PM on 02/27/13
Polynoise
ZeroCool
User Info.
That's because you're an idiot.

I think you're just unwilling to admit I'm right. Don't be so prideful dude. Good job on the info btw...my minds exploding.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos