07:08 AM on 02/26/13
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
oh god, Im getting old
08:17 AM on 02/26/13
promisemedan
User Info.
I remember jamming to this CD in high school. Brings back memories.
09:12 AM on 02/26/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Such a great album. Bryce is a master songwriter.
09:26 AM on 02/26/13
teh_erica
do you feel.
User Info.
Still one of my favorite albums ever.
10:10 AM on 02/26/13
srduncan
User Info.
Never gave this guy the time when I was younger, because I was too cool, with The Used and TBS and what not, but looking back, and listening now, this stuff is really, really great. Very talented singer songwriter this guy is. He was kind of like NeverShoutNever way before NevershoutNever, in a way - although he is much more talented.

How big, in terms of mainstream appeal did The Rocket Summer get? I honestly don't know, but there's no reason why this couldn't have been big... although maybe it was. I remember some of my friends really liked TRS, but in terms of mainstream ish, Im' not sure.
ya, for some reason, [I think people mention his "girly" sounding voice] people were too cool for TRS. I've loved him regardless, but people really have no reason to think that anymore. His voice on "Life will write the words" has a sense of maturity to it. His song writing has never been better than his last album, so I HIGHLY recommend it to all, fans of old stuff or not!

Also, he's like the nicest guy in the world. I'm such a fan.
11:05 AM on 02/26/13
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
thats wild. i remember seeing it at FYE and my friend tried convincing me it was actually a great album.
few years later my band opened for Daphne Loves Derby, (some unknown band named..) Paramore, and Rocket Summer. Bryce came off a little bit unfriendly.
Fast forward to 2010, I went to see He Is We open for Bryce on his stripped down acoustic tour and he was much nicer this time around. I was happy that I was able to have that experience to sway my impression on him. I was friendly w HIW's drummer at the time and he told me Bryce was nothing but nice to them. Bryce is a talented dude.
11:20 AM on 02/26/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I can't recall The Rocket Summer ever being big/mainstream.
They were pretty popular during the Do You Feel era, So Much Love used to play all the time on some music video channel I can't remember. That's as far as they got
06:33 AM on 02/27/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
oh yeah, this record was out a long time ago, and I only heard it first along with Hello, Good Friend,.. Mean Thoughts And Cheap Shots, my favourite track.. Now he really matured with his writing, love everything he does!
11:36 AM on 02/27/13
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
Whoa! I fucking LOVED and still love this album. Great memories whenever listening to that album. Got me into The Militia Group who had a stacked roster at the time.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests