AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Dangerous Summer News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 128.
08:22 AM on 02/26/13
Furious D
User Info.
Can I get a RIYL? And possibly a rec. of their best? I've heard off tracks here and there and always here about these guys and never gave them the time of day.
Listen to their first record, Reach For The Sun, from beginning to end. You'll never be the same afterwards.
08:24 AM on 02/26/13
creativemind
every planet we reach is dead
User Info.
Can I get a RIYL? And possibly a rec. of their best? I've heard off tracks here and there and always here about these guys and never gave them the time of day.
I'd definitely start with the Reach for the Sun album. If you want tracks, maybe "This is War", "Reach for the Sun" or "The Permanent Rain" will get you interested, but the entire album is incredible. RIYL: Valencia, The Starting Line maybe?
08:25 AM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
If you like the last few Jimmy Eat World records you'll probably dig their debut
08:26 AM on 02/26/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Every time I listen to their first album, Reach for the Sun, I think, "This is their best album." Every time I listen to their second album, War Paint, I think, "This is their best album."

I've been loving this song in particular lately.

08:27 AM on 02/26/13
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Stoked to hear it. Put that shit out quickly!
08:29 AM on 02/26/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Probably the last two songs of theirs I would rec.
08:29 AM on 02/26/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
Yepppp definitely looking forward to listening to this.
08:36 AM on 02/26/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Are these guys even on Hopeless anymore?
08:37 AM on 02/26/13
Jerold Sunga
User Info.
Always looking forward to AJ Perdomo's writing.
08:37 AM on 02/26/13
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Listen to their first record, Reach For The Sun, from beginning to end. You'll never be the same afterwards.
I like this band but that is one dramatic statement.
08:42 AM on 02/26/13
Peerless
User Info.
Great band.

I keep playing 'Parachute' over and over.
08:44 AM on 02/26/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.

I'll also say that the best way to hear The Dangerous Summer is to filter it through your experiences. If you just take it as it is, it's pretty standard pop punk/rock with passionate lyrics, but if you really let it get into your head, every word AJ sings seems like it applies to you, and the way the guitar is woven into the music makes it seem like even the instruments have emotions. It's not everyone's favorite, but a lot of fans really respect this band's ability. And - as I usually believe, it's best just to listen to the albums straight through. However, if you want to get a feel for what this band does, these are the songs I'd recommend.

I'm pretty dang excited. Not sure how they'll top War Paint (or Reach for the Sun, for that matter), but I have a feeling they're going to do it anyway.
08:47 AM on 02/26/13
henry chinaski
User Info.
Stoked!!!!!!!
08:49 AM on 02/26/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Probably the last two songs of theirs I would rec.
probably the first two i wouldve rec'd, with the possible exception of putting in "Where I Want To Be"
08:50 AM on 02/26/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Been hearing lots of good things about this, and I think it'll definitely be a progression for them. Hoping for a May/early June release.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests