AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
08:24 AM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Yeah this was pretty poor unfortunately. These dudes seem like they need a much-deserved break, they definitely are missing the energy they had when I saw them last spring recently.
09:26 AM on 02/26/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
really?? this is the band that was on all the album of the year lists last year? they, uh...well, they are a band.
Try the song again, that was merely a lackluster performance

12:03 PM on 02/28/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
not surprised one bit. the 1000th alternative band that can put out a solid album but absolutely blow live.

and for those that say this is just an abnormal performance, have you seen any other live videos on youtube? they are all awful.

seriously, how hard is it to take vocal lessons?

just watched a few other live videos on youtube......it appears that theyre just not a good live band, which is unfortunate, because i love them on record. the lead singer is just super flat.

I mean...Brian definitely does not have a "good" technical voice, but it works and usually sounds a lot better than in that video.

Having seen them live, I can attest to the fact that no, they do not in fact "absolutely blow live." Check it:

No offense meant to either of you, but if you're standing there with your arms crossed muttering under your breath about how bad the dude's voice sounds at a Japandroids show then a.) you're probably missing the point and b.) you must be a ton of fun to go to shows with. Two cents.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests