Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 52
02:50 PM on 02/26/13
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm blown away people think its the mix. That's a bad vocalist, bad drummer, and a bad guitarist playing a bad song. That's why it sounds bad.
03:08 PM on 02/26/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I'm blown away people think its the mix. That's a bad vocalist, bad drummer, and a bad guitarist playing a bad song. That's why it sounds bad.

Lol no.
03:59 PM on 02/26/13
70x7
shakin hips, bustin lips
User Info.
one of my favorites last year as well. surprised that they got a gig on there, thought they were still pretty small. cool for them
This is their fourth or fifth time on TV.

I wonder why they never play their big songs when they're on. When they played Jimmy Fallon in 2010 they played Wet Hair instead of a more obvious Young Hearts Spark Fire, but it ended up being one of the best performances I've ever seen on a late night show. And then last year when they played Fallon again they played Fire's Highway when it would I would have put money on them playing The House That Heaven Built, and then, the same thing tonight.

I've seen them live a bunch of time over the last three years, and this was by far the worst they've ever sounded. Just a bad night, not a bad band. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think adding more people to the live show is the worst thing they could do. Nothing is more lame than bands like the Black Keys who wear being a duo as a badge of honor, and then play live with four or five guys.
04:31 PM on 02/26/13
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

You watched that and thought it was good?
04:54 PM on 02/26/13
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
They were bad like this when I saw them live with Bass Drum of Death. BDOD opened for them and blew them out of the water.
05:11 PM on 02/26/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
yeesh..

half of the appeal of japandroids for me is his yelling/singing voice which is completely absent here.

especially in this song... fuck, this song rules on the album and sounds like a huge party anthem but here it sounds boring and dead
05:56 PM on 02/26/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
If I were the label manager:

I'd force them to get a touring guitarist and I would strongly encourage the drummer to lose the drums live, just do vocals, and get a touring drummer. IMO vocals and drums never work as you become too short of breath.
07:01 PM on 02/26/13
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
I do think if his voice was shot, he should have done like 'Continuous Thunder' or something. These guys work so hard and I appreciate that but goddamn.
10:28 PM on 02/26/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Try the song again, that was merely a lackluster performance

wow. this was a LOT different.
12:31 PM on 02/28/13
ben mears
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not surprised one bit. the 1000th alternative band that can put out a solid album but absolutely blow live.

and for those that say this is just an abnormal performance, have you seen any other live videos on youtube? they are all awful.

seriously, how hard is it to take vocal lessons?
12:47 PM on 02/28/13
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
User Info.
just watched a few other live videos on youtube......it appears that theyre just not a good live band, which is unfortunate, because i love them on record. the lead singer is just super flat.
12:50 PM on 02/28/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
saw em at a sxsw a few years ago, they did NOT suck.
01:03 PM on 02/28/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
not surprised one bit. the 1000th alternative band that can put out a solid album but absolutely blow live.

and for those that say this is just an abnormal performance, have you seen any other live videos on youtube? they are all awful.

seriously, how hard is it to take vocal lessons?

just watched a few other live videos on youtube......it appears that theyre just not a good live band, which is unfortunate, because i love them on record. the lead singer is just super flat.

I mean...Brian definitely does not have a "good" technical voice, but it works and usually sounds a lot better than in that video.

Having seen them live, I can attest to the fact that no, they do not in fact "absolutely blow live." Check it:

No offense meant to either of you, but if you're standing there with your arms crossed muttering under your breath about how bad the dude's voice sounds at a Japandroids show then a.) you're probably missing the point and b.) you must be a ton of fun to go to shows with. Two cents.
01:14 PM on 02/28/13
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
User Info.
yea they rock out. but bad vox are bad vox. and no you wont find me in the pit at any shows because im not 17 years old anymore. i cheer, i listen, i sing along, have a few beers, but youll never see me in the pit at any show, i graduated high school too long ago.
02:05 PM on 02/28/13
imjustbettr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This depresses me so much, because I love these guys and I've seen them and know that they are amazing live.
But this is bad for their image and will make people doubt them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos