Username
Password
Alkaline Trio News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 35 of 35.
07:06 PM on 02/26/13
ConnorSteed
Empty Fate Just Means An Even Score
User Info.
goddammit. is it just me or does every matt song sound the same anymore?

none the less am still excited to see what dan has to offer...
07:10 PM on 02/26/13
WhitefalconTLE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
goddammit. is it just me or does every matt song sound the same anymore?

none the less am still excited to see what dan has to offer...
Nope not just you. They are very similar (especially if you learn the guitar parts, a lot are set up the same). But it hasn't bothered me really. The only time it was bad for me was almost every song on the Sekrets album I could find pieces that would fit perfectly/sound exactly like songs from this addiction. Like same melodies and everything. Still catchy as fuck so it's not a huge deal to me.
09:19 PM on 02/26/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Nope not just you. They are very similar (especially if you learn the guitar parts, a lot are set up the same). But it hasn't bothered me really. The only time it was bad for me was almost every song on the Sekrets album I could find pieces that would fit perfectly/sound exactly like songs from this addiction. Like same melodies and everything. Still catchy as fuck so it's not a huge deal to me.

it's silly to pick apart their songs, and people do it so much. At heart they're a pop-punk band based around three chords although they throw an occassional riff in here and there. I'm not certain of the exact number but they're pushing 120 songs written in their career. At least they've done a better job of not repeating themselves as much as a band like NOFX or Green Day. Like you said, catchy as fuck so I don't care. I feel like everybody needs to be this critic and analyze shit til they suck the joy out of everything. The internet wears me out sometimes lol.
08:23 PM on 02/27/13
darkjak22
Eternal Forward Momentum
User Info.
I am a diehard Trio fan but this song feels so weak and forced.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums