AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Green Day News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Green Day to Play 3 Intimate Club Shows

Posted by - 03:14 PM on 02/26/13
Green Day will be playing three intimate club shows to kick off their 2013 tour. Dates are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
03:14 PM on 02/26/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
MARCH
10th Pomona, CA Fox Theater**
11th Tempe, AZ The Marquee**
13th El Paso, TX Tricky Falls**
15th Austin, TX Moody Theater
28th Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
29th Moline, IL i wireless Center
31st Pittsburgh, PA CONSOL Energy Center

APRIL
1st Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
3rd Philadelphia, PA Liacouras Center
4th Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
6th Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
7th Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
9th Providence, RI Dunkin Donuts Center
11th Toronto, ONT Air Canada Centre
12th Quebec City, QUE Colisee Pepsi
16th Berkeley, CA Greek Theatre
18th Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Sports Arena

MAY
24th Milan, ITALY Fiera Milano Live
25th Trieste, ITALY Plazza Unita d’italia
27th Belgrade, SERBIA Kalemegdan Park
29th Vienna, AUSTRIA Krieau Rocks

JUNE
1st London, UNITED KINGDOM Emirates Stadium
5th Rome, ITALY Ippodromo Le Capannelle
6th Casalecchio Di Reno Bo, ITALY Unipol Arena
8th Nuremburg, GERMANY Rock Im Park
9th Wershofen, GERMANY Rock am Ring
16th Holland, Netherlands Pinkpop Festival
18th Lodz, POLAND Atlas Arena
21st Moscow, RUSSIA Olympic Arena
23rd Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA SKK Arena
25th Tallin, ESTONIA Tallin Song Festival Ground
26th Helsinki, FINLAND Rock The Beach Festival
28th Norrköping, SWEDEN Bravalla Festival
30th Oslo, NORWAY Ullevaal Stadium

JULY
2nd Copenhagen, DENMARK Refshaleøen
4th Werchter, BELGIUM Werchter Festival
5th Arras, FRANCE Mainsquare Festival
10th Nimes, FRANCE Festival de Nimes Arena
12th Lisbon, PORTUGAL Optimus Alive Festival
13th Bilbao, SPAIN Bilbao BKK Live Festival

**On-Sale March 1, 2013 at 10a local time
03:18 PM on 02/26/13
WishYouAway
User Info.
Shit, that's a quick turnaround. Any word on how much these have been costing? Might try to snag a pair to the Marquee.
03:22 PM on 02/26/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have they had a big hit since Boulevard? I mean, why are they still relevant after being irrelevant for so long.
03:23 PM on 02/26/13
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
Have they had a big hit since Boulevard? I mean, why are they still relevant after being irrelevant for so long.
Because PUNK will never die!!!!

...but seriously, I don't know either haha
03:31 PM on 02/26/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Green Day at Fox Theater whoaaa
03:39 PM on 02/26/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
21 Guns and Know Your Enemy were pretty big hits. Also, 21st Century Breakdown won the Grammy for Best Rock Record. Of course Grammys don't mean shit, but they're obviously still relevant.

Uno! hit number two on the Billboard and Oh Love debuted on number one on the Rock Billboard or whatever it's called. They're obviously still one of the more relevant pop punk bands, if not the most relevant.

Also, they managed to stay a relevant band for 20 years with two huge records in two seperate decades, this means they will probably never really stop being relevant. Even if they never had a hit song again, they will probably continue filling stadiums and headlining festivals for the rest of the band's lifetime, similar to bands like U2 or Metallica who hadn't had a "hit song" in 10+ years but still do huge tours. After being a relevant band for a couple of decades you kind of established yourself in the minds of the people, you don't need a "hit song" anymore to stay relevant.
03:51 PM on 02/26/13
jasonjeffrey961
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
21 Guns and Know Your Enemy were pretty big hits. Also, 21st Century Breakdown won the Grammy for Best Rock Record. Of course Grammys don't mean shit, but they're obviously still relevant.

Uno! hit number two on the Billboard and Oh Love debuted on number one on the Rock Billboard or whatever it's called. They're obviously still one of the more relevant pop punk bands, if not the most relevant.

Also, they managed to stay a relevant band for 20 years with two huge records in two seperate decades, this means they will probably never really stop being relevant. Even if they never had a hit song again, they will probably continue filling stadiums and headlining festivals for the rest of the band's lifetime, similar to bands like U2 or Metallica who hadn't had a hit in 10+ years but still do huge tours. After being a relevant band for a couple of decades you kind of established yourself in the minds of the people, you don't need a "hit song" anymore to stay relevant.
This^
03:54 PM on 02/26/13
jjnunn118
Starship Renegade
User Info.
Great to see them making up the Oregon show they cancelled. -end sarcasm-
04:03 PM on 02/26/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Also, they managed to stay a relevant band for 20 years with two huge records in two seperate decades, this means they will probably never really stop being relevant. Even if they never had a hit song again, they will probably continue filling stadiums and headlining festivals for the rest of the band's lifetime, similar to bands like U2 or Metallica who hadn't had a "hit song" in 10+ years but still do huge tours. After being a relevant band for a couple of decades you kind of established yourself in the minds of the people, you don't need a "hit song" anymore to stay relevant.

While you informed me with a lot, the last paragraph was wrong. I don't know how old you are but in the early 2000s these guys were practically unknown. They faded out badly. Blink took them out on tour and they were really appreciative. I guess they got a second wind from that and out came boulevards. Somehow they managed to maintain it this time.
04:08 PM on 02/26/13
tdlyon
Set phasers to love me
User Info.
All this is making me pumped, even though there's no possible way I could make any of these shows. Just glad they're back. Can't wait until April 4.
04:27 PM on 02/26/13
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.

Meh. They still suck balls.
04:49 PM on 02/26/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Great to see them making up the Oregon show they cancelled. -end sarcasm-

Yea, come on man. It's like why can't he tour non-stop across the US after getting out of rehab?
04:58 PM on 02/26/13
chrisdazzo
Discarnate, preternatural.
User Info.
Ah, a nice, intimate night of Billy Joe Armstrong whispering obscenities at you instead of shouting them when his set ends.
05:02 PM on 02/26/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
50 bucks for the tricky falls show. Might go just because it seems like a surreal experience.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos