Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 39 of 39
01:40 AM on 02/28/13
R1pp3z
Jesus Chris
User Info.
This is definitely the first negative thing I've heard about Smalls. I've had no problems with the staff to date, etc. but you're right, not a ton of bands play Smalls anymore... I always thought it was just a size issue though. Especially with the introduction of Stage AE
I've played a few shows there and I've been to many--I've always thought the guys who run it were cool dudes. Granted, I don't know of their business dealings with national bands...

I love Mr Smalls. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think there's a certain character this venue has that most seem to lack.
05:07 AM on 02/28/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
wait so where is this venue and who is road tripping with me?

- Gunz
06:02 AM on 02/28/13
Greg
User Info.
wait so where is this venue and who is road tripping with me?

- Gunz

Pittsburgh. Just east of the city.
06:30 AM on 02/28/13
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
User Info.
This is definitely the first negative thing I've heard about Smalls. I've had no problems with the staff to date, etc. but you're right, not a ton of bands play Smalls anymore... I always thought it was just a size issue though. Especially with the introduction of Stage AE
Yeah. Most of the shows I've had interest in the past year have been at Stage AE or Altar Bar. I've only been to Mr. Smalls once in the past year or two..
07:38 AM on 02/28/13
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
Yeah. Most of the shows I've had interest in the past year have been at Stage AE or Altar Bar. I've only been to Mr. Smalls once in the past year or two..
Definitely. Stage AE offers three venues in one (even though I rarely hear of the club being used), and that's for sure taken over shows around here. Altar came in and basically took over Diesel/Smalls and now Stage AE is taking over everything

Not that I'm complaining really, Pittsburgh needed a Stage AE. And I fucking hated Diesel. It felt like the worst venue in the world. The staff was completely terrible, but that probably has something to do with the fact that it was also a night club in the south side.. haha
07:46 AM on 02/28/13
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
I've played a few shows there and I've been to many--I've always thought the guys who run it were cool dudes. Granted, I don't know of their business dealings with national bands...

I love Mr Smalls. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think there's a certain character this venue has that most seem to lack.
I agree completely. I mean I've never played there or anything, but every time I've been there the staff have been great. I saw This Providence/Copeland there a few years back and I've never been in a more relaxed environment, especially after the show. Usually staff push people out of the venue, but they let everyone just chill there for about a half hour. Which was back then, an experience I never had in a venue around here. I haven't been there in awhile, so things may have changed, but I loved it when I used to go there all the time.
08:06 AM on 02/28/13
topher465
every shining time you arrive
User Info.
I will be there
08:22 AM on 02/28/13
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
User Info.
Definitely. Stage AE offers three venues in one (even though I rarely hear of the club being used), and that's for sure taken over shows around here. Altar came in and basically took over Diesel/Smalls and now Stage AE is taking over everything

Not that I'm complaining really, Pittsburgh needed a Stage AE. And I fucking hated Diesel. It felt like the worst venue in the world. The staff was completely terrible, but that probably has something to do with the fact that it was also a night club in the south side.. haha
I hated Deisel and the staff. I've never had any problems at the other places.
09:51 AM on 02/28/13
AnthonyBTT
User Info.
If the show doesn't sell out, then Chris is quitting Punchline.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. But he'll find a way around it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version