King & Country - 02.28.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
King & Country
1. How did you get your band name?
The name King & Country was thought up on our way home from University driving through the country lanes of our hometown. We always had a love for the countryside and we felt that being a British band that King & Country was something personal to us but had a British sound to it.
2. How did this band get started?
The band formed in late 2011 when Ashley, Thomas and Matthew decided to jam together after a day in college.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
There are a lot of different bands we all listen to ranging from Story of the Year to Arctic Monkeys. Our main influence is Pink Floyd.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We would love to play with Biffy Clyro, Story Of The Year, Young Guns, LTA.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Italian or Spanish food we are into! Maybe some tapas? We would be happy with most foods, we’re not fussy.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I think its hard to tell people to listen to you when you are an up and coming band, I suppose I would say, we are honest, genuine guys who love to play and write music together.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Usain Bolt! What an athlete he is!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
If we won a Grammy I think the list would be long! I think our parents would get the most praise for supporting what we do! Then it would be our producer technicians and management.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Tough one, I would probably say bring back vinyl/CD’s for purchase only! It’s far to easy to download something for free nowadays!
10. Memorable tour experience?
We haven’t toured yet so we haven’t got any tales to tell!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
We are new to AP.net, but we will be telling our friends about it!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Favourite song to play live is ‘Soldiers’! We tend to jump around a lot and have fun!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
America! Only Matt in the band has been, we would love to check out the American lifestyle!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Pink Floyd, Simply Red and Chris Rea.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To fly! You could just fly anywhere you wanted at any time of the day/night!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
A team talk to hype us all, and then individual warm ups, singing exercises and stretching.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most fans probably don’t know how much it costs to be in a band!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Current assessment on the state of radio is good! I always hear rock bands being played on mainstream radio stations, which is a good thing! I believe our music is radio friendly and would appeal to the majority of listeners.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In our spare time we all like to attend the gym to keep fit. We also like to hang out together and go grab a bite to eat or a drink at our local.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hidden talents, you’d have to come to a live show to find that one out!