AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Mean Jeans - On Mars Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 9
Production 9
Creativity 9
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 90%
Member Ratings
Vocals 10
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 8.75
Production 6.5
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9
Average: 85%

Mean Jeans - On Mars

Reviewed by: Zookeeper156 (03/01/13)
Mean Jeans- On Mars
Record Label- Dirtnap Records
Release Date- April 20, 2012

A whole lot could be said about a trio of stoners from Portland who have a flair for Bill and Ted, video games, and junk food. But making a bad album is not one of them, as they take the surf punk genre and run with it, dragging it through party after party, til it can't party no more.

Before I get to the album itself, I need to introduce you to the band. Mean Jeans is a three piece punk band from the heart of America's weird side, Portland. The band consists of Billy jeans on guitar/vocals, Jeans Wilder on drums/vocals and Junior Jeans on bass.

On Mars is the second LP by Mean Jeans and it packs a loud, raunchy punch that most albums seem to lack these days. It is an constant throwback to The Ramones and The Queers and covers every topic from elementary school romance, spending life in space, alone, and of course, endless parties.

The band really shows their fondness of having fun in every single track, always keeping it upbeat and bouncy.Tracks like "Anybody Out There?" and "Nite Of The Creeps" show off their strengths. Fast paced, energetic, with out of this world lyrics, literally. And then songs like "School Lunch Victim" remind of you of childhood frustration with parents and sharing those problems with the girl sitting next to you at school.

In a very short time, this album makes you nostalgic for bands you may have not even been around during their time, yet feel like you were. Every track is great for just hanging out too, whether you're just sitting around with a few buds, or doing something reckless, destructive, and illegal in typical 80's movie fashion. All in all, a perfectly imperfect punk record that will certainly be important to future kids. I, in all honestly, listened to this album more than 15 times before writing this , and still enjoy it down to the last detail.

Recommended If You LikeThe Ramones, The Queers, The Riverdales

https://www.facebook.com/themeanjeans

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
08:09 PM on 03/03/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
so why a 3?
11:50 PM on 10/09/13
Zookeeper156
Zookeeper156
User Info.