Username
Password

01:22 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
crf1895
get kinda awesome
Brazil
Male - 20 Years Old
So... night out with college classmates. I sit next to this girl who was getting quite playful with me recently, even though college started (therefore we met) only two weeks ago.
I spend the evening making her laugh, biting her on the cheeks (hers are adorable) and getting bitten on the neck. Even bought her a few drinks. I thought that would have been a strong enough signal for her?
Then the band starts playing. They play samba, which I reckon many of you only know by name; it's danceable, but not everyone knows how to dance to it. I don't, and I think most of my other 20 or so classmates don't either. But she does, and so does one of our classmates.
This particular classmate didn't even talk to her during the three hours we had been there. Then he asks her to dance. Three songs in and they briefly make out, right behind me. I got up and left, with some of my friends feeling sorry for me and quite disappointed at her. The guy who made out with her is kind of an ass, so nobody really cares about him.

In two hours the same people from yesterday will be meeting at her place to play games, chat, and maybe get a little stupid. I'm not really sure if I was completely friendzoned, if I didn't really get my point across and she got tired, or if she's not interested in me at all, but I can't just give up and go there thinking she doesn't really care. What do you people think? Should I even hope?

ps: still can't believe I got her ready (a little drunk) for another guy. This is so fucking frustrating.
02:51 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
No offense but she sounds like a fucking flake. Basically seems like she was into you until she found another guy that gave her a attention too that she liked better. Fuck her. Typical girl, I wouldn't try again knowing she'll do it again. You deserve better.
03:52 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Fringe
highfive
Male - 20 Years Old
I don't think you got friendzoned. Chances are that she would have made out with you if you were the one dancing with her.

Basically she's a slut, so yeah go hook up with her if your so inclined, but don't try and date it
04:08 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
It's appealing to be bitten?
04:09 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
No offense but she sounds like a fucking flake. Basically seems like she was into you until she found another guy that gave her a attention too that she liked better. Fuck her. Typical girl, I wouldn't try again knowing she'll do it again. You deserve better.

Ahh, good ol' stereotypes
04:15 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 23 Years Old
I think buying a few drinks was a bad idea.
04:18 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
wroteurname
Registered Loser
ROCKville, CT
Male - 26 Years Old
Biting her cheeks? Is that a cultural thing?
04:20 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still In Last Place
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
She isn't your girlfriend. She didn't have an obligation to spend time with you, and while you made an effort to get close to her for the evening, that doesn't entitle you to her affection.
05:23 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
tommylin
No Avatar Selected
Boston, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
Let it go and do your own thing. don't be so attached to getting with her
07:07 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
Niagara Falls, ON
Male
Shoulda danced with her man, you could have pulled off the whole "awkward, can't dance, but cute for trying" thing. Just give it another shot. And if it doesn't work out, Insanity Wolf has some insightful advice regarding the friend zone.
07:47 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
She isn't your girlfriend. She didn't have an obligation to spend time with you, and while you made an effort to get close to her for the evening, that doesn't entitle you to her affection.
This this this this

First off, the friend zone is bullshit. You didn't get "friendzoned" you got passed up for another guy because you can't dance probably and maybe they have connections you don't know about.

But to answer your question, does that mean you have no shot? Well not really, try to make a move tonight. If you are being as forward as you said she should know you like her, just a matter of if she's interested in you. So make your move, if she isn't she isn't and then you move on and get over it. But you'll be getting rejected, not friendzoned. Get ready for that rejection, get ready to embrace it.

She might be flightly or flaky or not that into or whatever, but if she's Brazilian I'd go for it.
07:48 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
No Avatar Selected
Undeclared
You're a fucking moron.
08:11 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Male - 25 Years Old
never buy a girl drinks unless it is a formal date or you guys are strictly friends.
08:23 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
biting on her cheeks and shit? I mean, who actually does this not while having sex? If that's what friends do in Brazil i'm moving there!

With that said, that guy who madeout with her is a boss. he dances, he went in for the kill, he's a jerk. Um, that's catnip to girls. I don't have any advice except that to tell you "stop being so nice"

And I agree with the no buying drinks. That just shows that you're a pussy. If she's in your apartment/dorm then yes get her drunk. But don't go to bars and pay for shit for girls that you're interested in.
08:52 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
pastedworld
Male - 25 Years Old
So... night out with college classmates. I sit next to this girl who was getting quite playful with me recently, even though college started (therefore we met) only two weeks ago.
I spend the evening making her laugh, biting her on the cheeks (hers are adorable) and getting bitten on the neck. Even bought her a few drinks. I thought that would have been a strong enough signal for her?
Then the band starts playing. They play samba, which I reckon many of you only know by name; it's danceable, but not everyone knows how to dance to it. I don't, and I think most of my other 20 or so classmates don't either. But she does, and so does one of our classmates.
This particular classmate didn't even talk to her during the three hours we had been there. Then he asks her to dance. Three songs in and they briefly make out, right behind me. I got up and left, with some of my friends feeling sorry for me and quite disappointed at her. The guy who made out with her is kind of an ass, so nobody really cares about him.

In two hours the same people from yesterday will be meeting at her place to play games, chat, and maybe get a little stupid. I'm not really sure if I was completely friendzoned, if I didn't really get my point across and she got tired, or if she's not interested in me at all, but I can't just give up and go there thinking she doesn't really care. What do you people think? Should I even hope?

ps: still can't believe I got her ready (a little drunk) for another guy. This is so fucking frustrating.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos