AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream Sound City Soundtrack

Posted by - 08:04 AM on 03/04/13
You can stream Dave Grohl and Friends' Sound City: Real to Reel over at NPR.

Submitted by Slangster

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
08:07 AM on 03/04/13
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Amazeballs
08:31 AM on 03/04/13
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
This is unmatched. I think only Dave Grohl could've pulled off such an ambitious feat in this day and age.
08:44 AM on 03/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
I knew I was going to like this, but wasn't really anticipating it that much. This thing is pretty fuckin awesome.
09:05 AM on 03/04/13
t3hmilkman923
Subliminal mind fuck, America
User Info.
The one with Corey Tyler should be exciting
09:40 AM on 03/04/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Mantra, woah...they really REALLY should do a full album together. their voices sound so perfect together.
09:52 AM on 03/04/13
xburningcoffin
User Info.
I wish the album sounded more fleshed out, they sound made up on the spot with little rehearsing. I anticipated that Mantra song to be alot better...I guess its exciting that Foo Fighters are back because I won't listen to this again :(
10:01 AM on 03/04/13
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
I wish the album sounded more fleshed out, they sound made up on the spot with little rehearsing. I anticipated that Mantra song to be alot better...I guess its exciting that Foo Fighters are back because I won't listen to this again :(
You do realize that the whole point of this was analog music, right? I think you're so used to stuff going digital that this doesn't sound as "rehearsed" to you.
10:16 AM on 03/04/13
kidwithhelmet
User Info.
Not trying to be a dick but isn't that kind of the point? To sit down, come together on an idea and hammer it out old school?

Also, keep in mind the scheduling havoc this probably causes. It's one thing to get a group of guys to hammer out an album, it's another to get 25+, many of them being stars with their own hectic schedules, to set aside time to make this happen.
11:40 AM on 03/04/13
xburningcoffin
User Info.
You do realize that the whole point of this was analog music, right? I think you're so used to stuff going digital that this doesn't sound as "rehearsed" to you.
i watched sound city, i understand and saw how they put this album together and it is TOO immediate and sloppy...analog recordings don't have to be that way and many of them aren't. This has nothing to do with digital or analog anyways, the artists are busy, whatever...everyone's busy it doesn't excuse hastily executed work.
11:45 AM on 03/04/13
xburningcoffin
User Info.
Not trying to be a dick but isn't that kind of the point? To sit down, come together on an idea and hammer it out old school?

Also, keep in mind the scheduling havoc this probably causes. It's one thing to get a group of guys to hammer out an album, it's another to get 25+, many of them being stars with their own hectic schedules, to set aside time to make this happen.
that excuse doesn't really matter when you listen to good music, good music is simply enjoyable to listen to ...there are so many albums that you can just enjoy without knowing how many people were involved to make it. i find this album to be genereic considering how many legends are on it. stevie nicks - "Dancing with the Devil, Call it respect, Call it fear, But we never allowed the Devil, to come to the party" - those lyrics are pretty horrible even for her standards. If I have to consider someone's schedule in order to enjoy their music it really isn't that great to begin with.
02:52 PM on 03/04/13
njsuccessstory
The '59 Sound
User Info.
Really excited to dive into this. I loved the Sound City documentary and I'm sure that this will be a great listen as well.
05:43 PM on 03/04/13
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
DAVE

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT