Username
Password

09:36 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
airik625
you mess with the bull...
Memphis, TN
Male - 24 Years Old
Couldn't find a thread for this. If there is one, feel free to delete or merge.

No, it's not going straight to DVD, unfortunately.

Quote:
Synopsis: Xerxes is somewhat pushed into the bloody battle with the Greeks by the gold-covered maven goddess Artemisia. Artemisia, witnessing just how much his father King Darius’s death has affected him, persuades Xerxes – with her “vindictive charm” – to go into battle against those responsible. Artemisia attempts to play both sides, enlisting Themistocles, a Greek warrior, to her ranks with her alluring charm. However, Themosticles is every bit as good a liar as he is a fighter and may be playing an angle of his own.

Anyone think this has any chance of being good? Of just milking the original's success?
09:56 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 25 Years Old
Can't be worse than the original, right?
11:14 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
TJ Wells
goodbye sadness
Portland, OR
Male - 26 Years Old
Can't be worse than the original, right?
I loved what he did with Dawn of the Dead, so I actually went to a midnight screening of this. While it's not quite Snyder's worst film (and all of them post DotD are varying degrees of terrible, but that title belongs to Sucker Punch), the overwhelming praise of it from everyone in the theater (including people whose opinions I respect(ed)) truly baffled me.
11:17 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 25 Years Old
I loved what he did with Dawn of the Dead, so I actually went to a midnight screening of this. While it's not quite Snyder's worst film (and all of them post DotD are varying degrees of terrible, but that title belongs to Sucker Punch), the overwhelming praise of it from everyone in the theater (including people whose opinions I respect(ed)) truly baffled me.

I haven't seen the Sucker Punch movie or the owl one, but I am sure they are as terrible. The guy doesn't seem to be very skilled at all. The fun parts of his Dawn of the Dead remake must have been an accident.
11:23 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
TJ Wells
goodbye sadness
Portland, OR
Male - 26 Years Old
I haven't seen the Sucker Punch movie or the owl one, but I am sure they are as terrible. The guy doesn't seem to be very skilled at all. The fun parts of his Dawn of the Dead remake must have been an accident.
Oh jesus, Sucker Punch. Even putting aside how horribly and blatantly misogynistic it is, it's poorly made, acted, directed, and laughably written. While I would not ever stop watching a movie I've started, nor walk out of a theater (just a personal rule), let's just say I'm lucky I was at a theater that served alcohol. If I ever put together a list of the worst movies I've ever seen (leaving out ones that are so bad they're good), it would absolutely make it.
11:26 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
nowFace
We paved the roads.
Southern California
Male - 23 Years Old
The first one is so overrated it's not even funny. All my friends when I was in HS would shit themselves talking about this movie.
11:34 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Oh jesus, Sucker Punch. Even putting aside how horribly and blatantly misogynistic it is, it's poorly made, acted, directed, and laughably written. While I would not ever stop watching a movie I've started, nor walk out of a theater (just a personal rule), let's just say I'm lucky I was at a theater that served alcohol. If I ever put together a list of the worst movies I've ever seen (leaving out ones that are so bad they're good), it would absolutely make it.

I at least expected it to be fun but it really wasn't at all. And yeah, this would definitely make my worst I've ever seen list as well.
11:44 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
The owl movie was a pretty serious disappointment. Granted, the trailer was silly and it's Snyder, but an action adventure movie about owls! Owls!

The trailer made it seem like the movie was going to be about this epic journey the owls go on to save the world, but the epic journey ends up being about five minutes of flying over water and then they've reached their destination and it turns into a bunch of evil owls chanting "Metal beak! Metal beak!" over and over again and then they fight and it's over and you realize you will never get that action adventure movie with owls you were hoping for.
11:49 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
<o> \o/ <o> \o/ <o> \o/ <o> \o/
Neverland
Male
I couldn't make it past 10 minutes of that movie, but I found this video interesting -- especially in regards to your misogynistic comment:

You Don't Understand Sucker Punch
11:53 AM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
deadkidsean
__
UK
Female
I'd attribute the quality of DotD to James Gunn.
01:00 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
wreckered
RIDE OUT YOUR HITS
Male - 28 Years Old
I know I'm in the minority here (and most places), but I'm actually a fan of Snyder. He should just never, ever write a movie again (which is why Sucker Punch was...well, Sucker Punch). I thought he did an excellent job condensing Watchmen into a feature film (which is no easy task), and the Director's Cut actually did fix most of the pacing. Plus, I'll take his Dawn of the Dead over Romero's any day of the week.
01:01 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 25 Years Old
I'll take his Dawn of the Dead over Romero's any day of the week.

Wow.
01:03 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
deadkidsean
__
UK
Female
Hahahaha.
01:04 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
yeah Romero what a bore
01:06 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
wreckered
RIDE OUT YOUR HITS
Male - 28 Years Old
Hey, I gave it a chance. I'd heard great things (maybe too great, and I was just disappointed), but I just didn't care for it at all.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets