Username
Password
Paramore News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Paramore
Inside AP.net

Paramore at SXSW, Remastered Albums, TV Appearances

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (03/05/13)
Paramore will be performing at SXSW on March 13th as part of The Warner Sound Captured By Nikon. The performance will also be streaming on YouTube. Additionally, the band's first three albums have been mastered for iTunes; pick them up here. Lastly, they are scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live on April 11th and Conan on April 30th, with additional TV appearances to be announced.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
05:31 PM on 03/05/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Fueled By Ramen recording group Paramore has announced a thrilling array of upcoming events, all leading up to the release of their massively anticipated new album. “PARAMORE” arrives everywhere at long last on April 9th.

Paramore will herald the new album with a major live performance at the 2013 South by Southwest® Music & Media Conference (SXSW®) in Austin, Texas – the band’s first visit to the annual festival in half a decade. The band will be among the superstar acts performing at “The Warner Sound Captured By Nikon,” Nikon Inc. and the Warner Music Group’s all-star residency at the Belmont Austin, with their headline appearance slated for Wednesday, March 13th at 12:10 am (CST). Fans outside of Austin can catch the festivities – as well as showcase sets from Tegan & Sara, Kitten, The Rubens, Skaters, and Fueled By Ramen’s own twenty one pilots – via an exclusive live stream at the Warner Music Group’s premium YouTube channel, “The Warner Sound” (www.youtube.com/thewarnersound). For additional news and information, please visit nikon.thewarnersound.com and www.facebook.com/thewarnersound.

To commemorate the SXSW performance, the GRAMMY®-nominated band’s extraordinary back catalogue new mastered for iTunes, ensuring the delivery of the music to listeners with increased audio fidelity, more closely replicating what the artists, recording engineers, and producers intended. The classic albums – including 2005’s “ALL WE KNOW IS FALLING,” 2007’s RIAA platinum certified “RIOT!,” and 2009’s chart-topping “brand new eyes” – are on sale now on the iTunes Store at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...fcId=611027201. Paramore’s first all-new release in more than three years, “PARAMORE” is also available now for preorder via the iTunes Store, the official Fueled By Ramen webstore, store.fueledbyramen.com, and Paramore’s own www.paramore.net.

Paramore’s new single “Now” has quickly risen to the top 15 on Alternative airplay charts nationwide and continues to ascend. In addition, the “Now” companion video – directed by award-winning filmmaker/dancer Daniel Cloud Campos – recently had its worldwide MTV premiere and is currently in rotation on all MTV platforms. The clip is also receiving heavy play at Fuse, Nickelodeon, and recently premiered on VH1’s Top 20 Music Video Countdown. “Now” also set YouTube on fire, earning over 850,000 views in less than 48 hours after its premiere. The clip has since drawn more than 3.5 million individual views and counting at Paramore’s official YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/paramore.

“Now” has also reaped considerable critical applause, with Entertainment Weekly awarding it an “A-,” noting that its “driving buzz-saw guitars and (the) spunky-urgent defiance of Hayley Williams’ shout are just disruptive enough to yank you out of your boring suspenders-folk coma and into and old-fashioned mosh pit.” “Part No Doubt,” declared People, “part Yeah Yeah Yeahs, all rad.”

Paramore – singer Hayley Williams, bassist Jeremy Davis, and guitarist Taylor York – will celebrate the arrival of “PARAMORE” with a North American headline tour, set to embark April 25th at Houston’s Bayou Music Theatre and then travel the continent through mid-May (see attached itinerary). Always a festival favorite, the band – which only just concluded a whirlwind tour of Southeast Asia and Australia – will also be among the top stars appearing at a range of upcoming radio-sponsored festivals, including 101.1 The Edge’s annual Edgefest in Dallas on April 27th and Radio 104.5’s WRFF Festival in Philadelphia on May 12th. Paramore will also hit the stage at a number of upcoming European extravaganzas, with Moscow’s Park Live, the Netherlands’ Pinkpop, and Germany’s famed Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park among those already announced for June and beyond. For up-to-the-minute tour and ticket information, please visit www.paramore.net/tour.

The band is also scheduled for a series of high profile TV appearances to celebrate the new album’s release. Paramore will hit ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! on April 11th for a performance on the show’s famed outdoor stage, followed on April 30th by a visit to TBS’ Conan (check local listings). An additional slate of TV appearances will be announced soon.
05:38 PM on 03/05/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Remastered for iTunes, eh?
05:39 PM on 03/05/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Remastered for iTunes, eh?

96kHz/24bit -- this was done in 2012, I believe. I think this is what the post is referring to, but if it's something else entirely, I'm interested.
06:07 PM on 03/05/13
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
i didn't think they needed to be remastered
but alas, this is probly FBR cashing in on the upcoming release of the new album.
06:09 PM on 03/05/13
owenslugworth
User Info.
There is no reason that these three albums should have been remastered at all.
06:14 PM on 03/05/13
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
you know, I was just thinking that of all the albums that need a good fucking re-mastering, it's Paramore's...

said no-one ever
06:17 PM on 03/05/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
mastered for itunes and a complete remaster are not the same. They just encode from a higher quality source, with the hopes of a better aac file.. wether thats actually true or not who knows. Ive seen mixed opinions.
06:17 PM on 03/05/13
thebrowncoat
funny things are everywhere
User Info.
06:18 PM on 03/05/13
punchedbyagirl
blaremagazine.com // Josh
User Info.
The SXSW date is one the few 21+ shows anyone will ever see.
06:31 PM on 03/05/13
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not remastered. Mastered.
06:36 PM on 03/05/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
The SXSW date is one the few 21+ shows anyone will ever see.
probably one of the better paramore shows, jealous of people who get to attend. as much as i love paramore their crowds are generally fucking terrible and full of obnoxious little girls who squeal and glare everytime someone touches them in the 'pit' (i use that term loosely)
08:37 PM on 03/05/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.

Glad someone posted this. Thanks.

Wonder when iTunes will have options like FLAC, 320 mp3, v0 MP3, and "stream" for all / most / many albums.

I think $10 per record for lifetime access to an album in any format, any time, anywhere would make me an iTunes user.
09:22 PM on 03/05/13
danperez
User Info.
Did they not do a great mastering the first time around?
(I mean, besides All We Know)

EDIT: oh.
09:28 PM on 03/05/13
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
User Info.
I have all of Paramore album's in FLAC anyway, why would I need this?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums