Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
06:54 AM on 03/08/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Disappointing to see yet another frontman lose his faith.
11:37 AM on 03/08/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Well, God isn't a requirement to live a happy life. Why do you care?

To add to what The Mysterious said, it's like if you followed a politician or president or whatever and they had built your support/interest by being really for issues that you believed in and then one day was like "Eh, fuck it. Just joking." I'm not saying the new TCM CD won't be great still and I listen to loads of secular/atheist/agnostic bands but I think it's 100% understandable if someone were to have an issue with him losing his faith.

And yes "God isn't a requirement for a happy life." but it is disheartening to see more and more people give it up. I try to respect everyone's unique beliefs but when it comes down to it, I see atheism as a way of life that sees there is no hope. ("Know Hope"? -_-) Like the religious/spiritual are the ones who are hopeful/positive and the atheists are often cynical.
11:41 AM on 03/08/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
It's disappointing but a lot of people can relate to that. Think of Chris Roetter right now and what he's doing in Like Moths To Flames. I don't know what happened to Garrett. He said in the interview that, "wasn't until I went out into the real world and saw the gimmick and the manipulation and a lot of things behind Christianity and religion in general." I hope I'm not misinterpreting what he's saying, and I certainly hope I am not misrepresenting what he's saying, but a lotttttt of people feel this way. They see the negatives of Christianity because the people with the loudest voices in Christianity are the ones who don't understand other ways of life, they are stuck in a box. Christians all have the same morals, but different ways of getting there. It's too easy as a Christian to see an alcoholic and think to yourself, "well I'm better than him, he's going to hell, he's not "saved", he's struggling". Versus, "I need to invest in that person, I need to offer the truth to that person, I need to really try and make a difference in his life- not a point- but a difference". I think everyone here can count on two hands how many times they have seen Christians attempt to convert non-believers through a message of hate. In actuality we're (Christians) are to invite people to experience God personally. Why in the hell would someone want to believe in a God when the only product they are seeing of that God is a hateful, judgmental person? The real disappointment is that today's common Christian can't begin to describe what they believe other than saying something along the lines of, "The Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it." That's such a joke.

He was the first similar person I thought of when reading this news originally. You make a lot of good points and I basically agree. I would add that American Christianity holds a lot of the blame for the negative press Christianity gets and is becoming more and more commercial and overall tacky.
11:42 AM on 03/08/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Well, he IS the alpha and the omega. Therefor he is God. and god reaaaallly cares what people feel about his only son.

Haha, bien fait !
11:43 AM on 03/08/13
WeltallAY
User Info.

You're named after a sandwich, pal.
05:51 PM on 03/08/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
I have a sneaking suspicion a few of their dedicated fans loaded their response fields and skewed the results in their favor.
Source:
Even though I like the band, that really annoys me. AP should put in a limit for that making all entries unique. The most anticipated award was easily a fake - they wouldn't have even gotten the top 50 here.
11:01 AM on 03/12/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
As an atheist myself, I don't believe in a majestic being that determines what to hope for. I can hope in the sense that things can go my way if I do something about it. I won't sit there and do nothing to hope something goes my way. I do something about it. I'm positive and cheery, nowhere near cynical. I don't know what atheists you know, but that statement is pretty narrow-minded.

You're right, I wrote this while being a little butthurt lol. I'm positive this isn't a blanket rule, but yeah every atheist I've run into in my life has been fairly cynical. I don't think anyone should expect to be taken care of or place a lot of faith on God just automatically taking care of you, it's your life and your choice to do what you want to do. What I was trying to get at more in the first place is that I feel that instances when singers with theological beliefs like the singer from TCM lose their faith and kind of denounce it, it is completely understandable why fans may be disappointed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests