Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
07:38 AM on 03/08/13
TheFaceOfZach
Strokes the Furry Wall
User Info.
Disappointing to see yet another frontman lose his faith.
Well, God isn't a requirement to live a happy life. Why do you care?
11:47 PM on 03/11/13
TheFaceOfZach
Strokes the Furry Wall
User Info.
To add to what The Mysterious said, it's like if you followed a politician or president or whatever and they had built your support/interest by being really for issues that you believed in and then one day was like "Eh, fuck it. Just joking." I'm not saying the new TCM CD won't be great still and I listen to loads of secular/atheist/agnostic bands but I think it's 100% understandable if someone were to have an issue with him losing his faith.

And yes "God isn't a requirement for a happy life." but it is disheartening to see more and more people give it up. I try to respect everyone's unique beliefs but when it comes down to it, I see atheism as a way of life that sees there is no hope. ("Know Hope"? -_-) Like the religious/spiritual are the ones who are hopeful/positive and the atheists are often cynical.
As an atheist myself, I don't believe in a majestic being that determines what to hope for. I can hope in the sense that things can go my way if I do something about it. I won't sit there and do nothing to hope something goes my way. I do something about it. I'm positive and cheery, nowhere near cynical. I don't know what atheists you know, but that statement is pretty narrow-minded.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS