Username
Password
Fat Wreck Chords News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fat Wreck Chords
Inside AP.net

Fat Wreck Releasing Strung Out Boxset

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/08/13)
Fat Wreck will be releasing a boxset of Strung Out's first three albums, remixed and remastered by Ryan Greene and accompanied by a live DVD. More details in the replies.

Submitted by AP_Punk

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
12:59 PM on 03/08/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Strung Out Boxset SoonStrung Out, LA’s finest in speedy melodic punk mayhem, is one of the hardest working bands of the last 20 years. With a career which has so far produced 7 studio albums, numerous EP’s, a live album and a mind-boggling number of shows, they continue to be a significant staple on the indie punk scene. In celebration of their longevity and with the positive feedback from fans for both 2012’s Twisted in a Suburban Wasteland tour and the remixed songs on Top Contenders, Strung Out decided to finish the job and have Ryan Greene remix all three of their classic 90’s albums in their entirety. This summer will see the release of deluxe reissues of Another Day In Paradise, Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues and Twisted By Design! Three special records that certainly deserve some special treatment, and that’s what will be on offer with these reissues and the all-encompassing Volume One box set, which will include the 3 albums plus a DVD that drummer Jordan Burns details below:

We are all pretty stoked on this box set. All 3 albums are sounding so fresh and revived. If we didn’t think you would all love it like we do, we wouldn’t be putting it out. Also the live DVD from our Twisted In A Suburban Wasteland tour last year is going to be sweet. Filmed in Montreal Canada, it will include both STWB and TBD live. I know, our first DVD ever and its looking great!
01:23 PM on 03/08/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So awesome. Will definitely get. These guys are the real deal.
01:56 PM on 03/08/13
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
Putting this on the "don't forget about this shit" list!
02:18 PM on 03/08/13
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Haven't seen Ryan Greene mentioned in a LONG time. Awesome he's doing this.
02:30 PM on 03/08/13
hashbrowns
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought I read that this is called Volume One. Hopefully we'll get a Two and a Three. I'd love to have updated versions of Element, American Paradox and Exile!
04:17 PM on 03/08/13
246toothpicks
User Info.
Nice! The ones on Top Contenders did sound freakin great
04:56 PM on 03/08/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I love how Strung out now realizes that they should of never gone away from Ryan Greene when it comes to mixing their records. Oh and Jason, I know bills have to be paid but these Zinc ad's comin up from the bottom are driving me nuts! Maybe some other spot for them?
05:28 PM on 03/08/13
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
Nice. May have to grab these
05:53 PM on 03/08/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Element and Exile especially could use a new mix. An American Paradox sounds fine to me other than being a tad thin.

but yeah, I hope there is a Vol 2
05:58 PM on 03/08/13
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
Doesn't seem to be a vinyl release, huh? I totally get that, would take like 5x the time and money of a CD set... but I'd love to throw a lot of money at a high quality treatment that I can throw on the turntable!
06:22 PM on 03/08/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yes! Will be buying this. Would like it on vinyl but i dont see details about formats.
06:24 PM on 03/08/13
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
Doesn't seem to be a vinyl release, huh? I totally get that, would take like 5x the time and money of a CD set... but I'd love to throw a lot of money at a high quality treatment that I can throw on the turntable!
Fat's handing it, so there'll definitely be a vinyl release. haha.
06:43 PM on 03/08/13
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
Fat's handing it, so there'll definitely be a vinyl release. haha.
I know that it would be very uncharacteristic of them, but because its a remixed/remastered/anthology kind of thing and is paired with a DVD, it would make sense for it to be just CD. You're probably right though, here's hoping.
07:00 PM on 03/08/13
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
I know that it would be very uncharacteristic of them, but because its a remixed/remastered/anthology kind of thing and is paired with a DVD, it would make sense for it to be just CD. You're probably right though, here's hoping.
yeah, they released that Lagwagon remixed/remastered anthology back in 2011, which also included a live dvd. they just tossed the little DVD inside the vinyl boxset. hah.

plus these are three beloved Strung Out albums/Fat Wreck releases - fans of the band and label will eat up the vinyl format like nothing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests