The blending of different genres that do not typically go together is how we came up with the name, Oxymorrons. The blending of opposite genres was an oxymoron, just like jumbo shrimp!
2. How did this band get started?
The band started with KI and a former member, Ony, just making music and our current DJ, Mr. Hernandez, would contribute as well.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
D - Coldplay, Queen, Gym Class Heroes, Passion Pit
KI - N.E.R.D., Outkast, Gorillaz, Sublime, Linkin Park
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
D - Queen because they had some of the largest tours ever and they are my favorite band in the whole world. It would be awesome to tour with them!
KI - I'm stuck in between two. Gorillaz so I could see how they worked on stage. The other is N.E.R.D. because they are my favorite band and it would be a great match up with us.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
D - Gummy bears
KI - Burritos
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to our band because there is a message behind all of our music. It is pure honesty and you are getting to know who we are. Our music allows you to relate and form a friendship through sound!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
D - Tim Duncan because he is so humble and great and what he does. “Elephants tread softly.” He's makes the basics look outstanding!
KI - Kevin Booker because he's a great skater and is just truly enjoying his life. I love the way he skates, so smooth.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Both - God, family, friends and the people that supported us
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
D - Piracy
KI - More honesty.
10. Memorable tour experience?
D - Playing basketball one on one against Travie McCoy at one of our tour stops.
KI - The first time I ever was rushed by fans after a show for pictures and autographs. You canʼt be mad when you sign a titty.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Both - Absolute Punk is amazing and we truly appreciate what they're doing and the opportunities they offer to up and coming artists.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
D - Kendrick Lamar - Money Trees
KI - Kid Cudi ft. King Chip - Just What I Am
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Both - We don't go on vacation, it's time to work right now!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
D - Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
KI - N.E.R.D.'s Fly or Die album
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
D - Flying because I could get anywhere I needed to go, quickly.
KI - Magneto's power, controlling all forms of metal. Just because it's real bad ass and everything is made of metal!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
D - We always do a group prayer right before we go on stage.
KI - Praying and getting in to a certain mind state before the show.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
D - I have a lot of tattoos, most people don't know that.
KI - I am a very spiritual person, praying twice a day and being very in tune with my spirituality.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Both - Radio is heavily corporate controlled and I do believe that we have a radio friendly sound. Only time will tell if that will be effective for us.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
D - Read, play basketball, play video games, work out
KI - Video games, watch Netflix and/or Hulu, hang out with friends, read comics, and research fashion
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
D - I'm really good at soccer. Most people do not know that.
KI - From 2009 and earlier, I think I know every cartoon theme song.