Password

Album Review
New Politics - Harlem - Single Album Cover

New Politics - Harlem - Single

Reviewed by
New PoliticsHarlem - Single
Record Label: RCA Records
Release Date: January 22nd 2013
Currently, there’s a really popular internet meme going around that mentions Harlem, but there’s a song that talks about Harlem that I’m much more interested in, frankly. That song is “Harlem,” the newest single from Danish trio New Politics. After hearing about this band, thanks to a friend of mine, I decided to check this band out, because I was quite interested, and well, I downloaded this song from iTunes, and was very pleased with it, to say the least. Having no prior knowledge about this band makes it that much enjoyable for me, because I was quite surprised upon first listen, and in all honesty, it’s one of the most infectious tracks I’ve heard in quite some time. With the recent wave of indie-rock dominated the radio waves, this is a band that I can totally see getting a bit more popular than they already seem to be. This song is slightly different, though, and I mean that in a VERY good way. It’s energetic, engaging, and absolutely infectious. The production on this track is also really interesting, too; vocalist David Boyd sounds rather distorted on this song, but not in a terrible way. It adds to the effect of the song, really. It makes a lot cooler sounding. Lyrically, this song is rather strange, just because they’re a Danish band talking about Harlem in New York City, but nonetheless, it still works. And another thing that I commend on the track is how energetic it is, as I mentioned earlier. It’s quite short, at a bit under 3 minutes, and for being so short, it packs quite a punch. The lasting value is definitely huge on this track, and I can’t stop playing it. They’re releasing a new record soon, and I really cannot wait for it. This band could easily achieve international success just as bands like Phoenix, Mumford & Sons, and Two Door Cinema Club.

Recommended If You LikeLocal Natives, Japandroids, Phoenix, catchy indie-rock, etc.

Additional Information
Track Listing:
1. Harlem

New Politics is:
David Boyd - Vocals
Søren Hansen - Guitar / Vocals / Keys
Louis Vecchio - Drums / Vocals

www.facebook.com/newpolitics
This review is a user submitted review from justbradley. You can see all of justbradley's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
03:06 AM on 04/30/13
comeonpilgrim22
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
super excited to see new politics play on the 8th in nyc! loving "harlem" and excited to hear more new music!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos