AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Elysium - 03.13.13

Interviewed by: Jeremy Aaron (03/13/13)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Elysium

www.facebook.com/elysiumband
www.twitter.com/elysiumbanduk
www.youtube.com/elysiumtvuk

1. How did you get your band name?
In a way, through the genius that is Russell Crowe. You've all seen Gladiator....

2. How did this band get started?

Our previous band lost its lead vocalist. We wanted a change of style so decided to start as a new band instead of continuing with the same name.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Lower Than Atlantis, Bring Me the Horizon, A Day to Remember, Fightstar, Funeral for a Friend

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Probably You Me at Six because they are huge and have a massive female fan base. Also, imagine how good their rider must be.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

A selection of Tesco Value biscuits and crackers, if you're on a budget that is. Otherwise whatever the hell you fancy!

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Because we would be really grateful, like really grateful. We'd do special things to show you how grateful we are.....

Also if you like the style of music of the bands we listed earlier, you'd probably like us, so why not check us out, right?

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Ollie Reeve: Christiano Ronaldo. Minted, great at what he does, model girlfriends.

Shaun Taylor: Usain Bolt

Lewis Crawley: Aaron Rodgers

Harley: Jessica Ennis Ė as shes a goddess

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Russell Crowe

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

It's hard to say. I don't think the type of music we like gets the exposure it deserves, but I don't know how you would change that. Lots of people just listen to what's fed to them on the radio or in clubs and so on. Maybe if there was just a bit more exposure to a wider audience, that would be nice. Then again, heavier music is a niche market, if it lost that, it may lose some of its charm.

10. Memorable tour experience?

We havenít had the chance to tour yet as we are a new band, but we will be looking to tour soon in the summer so if there is any tour promoters out the let us know!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

What I said earlier about our music needing more exposure, well AP tries to do that and are very good at it. Plus I like their interviews because they ask tough questions like this one.

12. What is your favourite song to play?

Ollie: Boy, it has the most crowd interaction.

Shaun: In Valour

Lewis: In Valour as itís really fun to play on the drums

Harley: Super Mario bros

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Ollie: I'd love to go to Cancun in Mexico during Spring Break!
Lewis: Anywhere in the states Boston mainly as thatís where SJC Drums work!

Shaun: Plymouth as itís a traditional town!

Harley: Plymouth or magaluf

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Ollie: Linkin Park, Sum 41, Korn and the theme tune to practically any TV show from Cartoon Network (Mama had a chicken, Mama had a cow, Dad was proud, he didn't care how!)

Lewis: Again as Ollie said any TV show that came from cartoon network but also Greenday Blink-182

Shaun: Sum 41 Fresh prince of bel air Theme Tune

Harley: Blink 182 Greenday

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Ollie: I'd love to be able to read-minds; life would be so much easier.

Lewis: The ability to fight Superman, Spiderman and Batman all at the same time so I could be superhero supreme

Shaun: To kill a yak with mind bullets from 200 yards

Harley: Super quick just because I could run across water like Bruce Almighty or Jesus

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Ollie: I go to the toilet about 3-4 times in the 15 minutes leading up to our set, but I think that might just be nerves instead of ritual. I have to have a beer on stage with me.

Lewis: Practice on my drum pad rudiments, etc., to warm my hands up.

Shaun: A bit like Ollie does, I seem to use the bathroom a lot.

Harley: Have a cat nap before a show.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

None of us can actually play our instruments and we just mime every track. Harley is Filipino and we bought him online through mail order.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

If we got mainstream play I think it could. I'd love to hear one of our songs on BBC radio 4 and get a few old heads banging. Could give 'em a new lease of life! Personally I don't listen to the radio; I plug my iPod in on every journey. I discover most new music through YouTube, word of mouth and going to shows.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Ollie: Sit around being bored and lonely, crying a little bit. That's often the inspiration for most my lyrics actually. Other than that, we work hard and play hard. Music is my life though; I spend a lot of time on my guitars.

Lewis: Gaming, Gym, Football, NFL

Shaun: Motorbikes

Harley: Building Motorbikes

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Ollie: I can cover both my nostrils with my upper lip. I'm also quite good at football surprisingly.

Lewis: I can bullís-eye womp rats in my t-16 back home in beggarís canyon.

Shaun: I built a replica fully working master chief suit.

Harley: Iím amazing at maths.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News