AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:09 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Pick the league you'd try to expand in:

Pick the city.

Pick which player in the league you'd chose to build your franchise with if you can pick one player from any team.
08:29 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
Fredericton, NB
Male - 22 Years Old
I'll do the NHL. The most practical expansion is Quebec City - the fans are there, the arena will be there, the problems that caused the team to move the first time don't exist anymore. I'll pick Sidney Crosby to build around - he's the best player in the world, probably the most recognizable face in the league. He's a great leader and has a Cup...basically everything you'd want out of a franchise player, he has it. He even said two days ago that Quebec City is "the obvious choice for expansion."
08:34 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
Fredericton, NB
Male - 22 Years Old
Another thought I had about the NHL would be Seattle and Seth Jones. The Sonics appear to be returning, there has been rumours about a possible NHL team there for years - there is certainly the market for it, and assuming they share a building with the Sonics, there is a venue.

They pick Seth Jones to build around. A new American team...why not pick the best American prospect since I'm not even sure, DiPietro maybe? He played his junior hockey in Portland too so there will be that northwest familiarity. They can make him a face of the league. Just think of all the advertising NBC could have with him given his skill and his story (father's an NBA player, grew up in Texas, American, etc.).
08:35 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
WardCity
AP Madden Hot Dog Eating Champ
On top of NFC WEST
Female - 24 Years Old
NFL

Put the team in like Idaho,Montana, south or North Dakota

One of those western states that doesn't have a team

Probably would pick RG3.

He's young, talented, and most important he's exciting to watch. Maybe guys like Aaron Rodgers are better, but RG3 is instantly more exciting and gives te people entertainment
08:33 PM on 03/16/13 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
NFL

Put the team in like Idaho,Montana, south or North Dakota

One of those western states that doesn't have a team

Probably would pick RG3.

He's young, talented, and most important he's exciting to watch. Maybe guys like Aaron Rodgers are better, but RG3 is instantly more exciting and gives te people entertainment
Man, if I'm building an expansion team in the NFL with RG3, I'm doing that shit in LA. He's already all over the TV; might as well build him into the world of Kobe, etc. Dude is already perfect for that market.
09:00 PM on 03/16/13 
User Info.
WardCity
AP Madden Hot Dog Eating Champ
On top of NFC WEST
Female - 24 Years Old
Man, if I'm building an expansion team in the NFL with RG3, I'm doing that shit in LA. He's already all over the TV; might as well build him into the world of Kobe, etc. Dude is already perfect for that market.

ehh i thought about LA too, I just feel bad for the fans in the west who have no teams lol
05:07 PM on 03/17/13 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
As if Idaho, Montana or the Dakotas could support a professional franchise as large as the NFL. And there's no way you could get a whole team of players, especially somebody as young and prolific as RG3, to move to the middle of bumfuck nowhere.
07:04 AM on 03/18/13 
User Info.
livethesounds
from worst...to...not worst?
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
MLB in San Antoino. Bring texas back to the NL. Mike Trout or Strausburg would be great young players to build around.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets