Password
This Thread is Closed.

08:36 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
#HTTR
Neverland
Male
The homer in me wants to put Georgetown in the Finals. The pessimist in me wants to bounce them in the Sweet 16.
08:39 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
tell that mick
@mickrouse
New York, NY
Male
Yeah i don't think Gonzaga is gonna make it to the final four. I don't know which round they'd lose though, haha. Pitt seems like a decent choice. Gonzaga just hasn't beat anyone good this year, have they? They've played like 2 top 25 teams and lost both times i thought...
They beat OKS by 1 when they were ranked 20-something, but that was it.

The homer in me wants to put Georgetown in the Finals. The pessimist in me wants to bounce them in the Sweet 16.

I have Georgetown in my Final Four. And in my homer bracket I have them facing Cuse there. IT'S DESTINY!
08:41 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah i don't think Gonzaga is gonna make it to the final four. I don't know which round they'd lose though, haha. Pitt seems like a decent choice. Gonzaga just hasn't beat anyone good this year, have they? They've played like 2 top 25 teams and lost both times i thought...
Since we are on the topic of Gonzaga, it makes me wonder how St.Mary's got in. I mean, they haven't beaten anyone except for Creighton and everytime they have played Gonzaga they got they're ass kicked.
08:48 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
Albuquerque, NM
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah, North Carolina A&T/Liberty at 7:10 (mouthfarttttttttt), St. Mary's/Middle Tennessee St after that.

Awesome, thanks. At least this thing is starting. I'm being honest tho guys. Look out for them Lobos. I think you'll all be surprised. ;) (hopefully) haha
08:55 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
San Antonio, Texas
Male - 20 Years Old
yea, worst year for Texas college basketball since there was only 32 teams in the tourney.

Not just Texas basketball, Big 12 had a bad year outside of the top 3.

Also, screw all ya'll I got gonzaga going out in the round of 32.

I wouldn't mind seeing that UCLA game in Austin, wonder how much tickets are and if they are available.
08:55 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Awesome, thanks. At least this thing is starting. I'm being honest tho guys. Look out for them Lobos. I think you'll all be surprised. ;) (hopefully) haha
It really wouldn't shock me if the Lobos do get to the Final Four. They are that damn good.
08:58 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
Clarett'sGreyGoose
Tortured Sports Fan
Male - 26 Years Old
Since we are on the topic of Gonzaga, it makes me wonder how St.Mary's got in. I mean, they haven't beaten anyone except for Creighton and everytime they have played Gonzaga they got they're ass kicked.
I'm just playing Devil's advocate because I don't know much about them. But looking at their schedule, 3 of their 6 losses are to Gonzaga so I'm sure that came into play. 3 losses to a 1 seed as opposed to say, 3 losses to a 4 seed is probably a difference maker.

They lost by 5 to Gonzaga IN Spokane too, so that was probably looked upon favorably. Other than that, they went 1-1 against Pacific who also made it in. Not sure if that helps or hurts them, but in the win they absolutely laid the smack down (74-46).

Also their only losses in 2013 are all to Gonzaga so I am sure they have the "how they have played lately" argument working in their favor.
08:58 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
tell that mick
@mickrouse
New York, NY
Male
Not just Texas basketball, Big 12 had a bad year outside of the top 3.

Also, screw all ya'll I got gonzaga going out in the round of 32.

I wouldn't mind seeing that UCLA game in Austin, wonder how much tickets are and if they are available.

Considering that I just said Pitt over Zags in that round, and that pretty much everyone agreed, I'm confused by this declaration...
09:06 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm just playing Devil's advocate because I don't know much about them. But looking at their schedule, 3 of their 6 losses are to Gonzaga so I'm sure that came into play. 3 losses to a 1 seed as opposed to say, 3 losses to a 4 seed is probably a difference maker.

They lost by 5 to Gonzaga IN Spokane too, so that was probably looked upon favorably. Other than that, they went 1-1 against Pacific who also made it in. Not sure if that helps or hurts them, but in the win they absolutely laid the smack down (74-46).

Also their only losses in 2013 are all to Gonzaga so I am sure they have the "how they have played lately" argument working in their favor.
I don't think Pacific making it in really helped them. I mean, Pacific is a 15 seed from a weak confrence and also lost 5 games during confrence play to other weak teams. St.Mary's also lost to Georgia Tech this year as well who aren't very good.
09:11 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
San Antonio, Texas
Male - 20 Years Old
Considering that I just said Pitt over Zags in that round, and that pretty much everyone agreed, I'm confused by this declaration...
I was looking at the news thread with all the zags cheers, my bad, I actually have them lsoing to Wichita State.
09:13 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
billyboatkid
Albuquerque, NM
Male - 25 Years Old
It really wouldn't shock me if the Lobos do get to the Final Four. They are that damn good.

Haha finally. I mean if they have an off night not scoring they make up for it and win games with defense. But if Tony is blazin or Hugh I feel we could do pretty well.

Definitely having them beating Harvard and Arizona. That match up with Ohio St. is gonna be the tough one if they make it that far.
09:17 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
San Antonio, Texas
Male - 20 Years Old

Haha finally. I mean if they have an off night not scoring they make up for it and win games with defense. But if Tony is blazin or Hugh I feel we could do pretty well.

Definitely having them beating Harvard and Arizona. That match up with Ohio St. is gonna be the tough one if they make it that far.

Have them in my Final Four.
09:20 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old

That Ohio St. match up would be tough but if you look at the field New Mexico is a very scary match up for a lot of teams. New Mexico and St.Louis are the two teams that can and I think will do serious damage.
09:23 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
billyboatkid
Albuquerque, NM
Male - 25 Years Old
That Ohio St. match up would be tough but if you look at the field New Mexico is a very scary match up for a lot of teams. New Mexico and St.Louis are the two teams that can and I think will do serious damage.

Definitely. Kirk and Barstow, we get pretty decent bench production. We got a pretty well rounded team this year. I really hope we do well. Especially how the regular season ended and winning the conference tourney.

It's funny cause I have them in my final four, but it almost feels like I'm just putting them there cause they're my team, but I know they could do it haha.
09:24 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
billyboatkid
Albuquerque, NM
Male - 25 Years Old
Have them in my Final Four.
Heck yes! I just want them to do decent so they along with the rest of the MW get some recognition finally

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos