AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Surrogate Releases New Music Video

Posted by - 03:06 PM on 03/18/13
You can watch Surrogate's new music video for "Lovers" in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
03:06 PM on 03/18/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
03:07 PM on 03/18/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Too good.
03:12 PM on 03/18/13
kinevil kinevil
we win at life again
User Info.
love these kids.
03:20 PM on 03/18/13
MrDelux
User Info.
Give me an album!

Edit - I hear a lot of Nate Ruess in his voice. The tone is similar IMO
03:59 PM on 03/18/13
d00d81that
Christine
User Info.
Yay!
04:18 PM on 03/18/13
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Give me an album!

Edit - I hear a lot of Nate Ruess in his voice. The tone is similar IMO

I've always thought this, and I always compare them to a poor-man's Format, which i think is a huge compliment haha. More people need to listen to this band, although this song seems to be a step back from Diamonds and Pearls.
12:17 AM on 03/19/13
danieltaylor
yep
User Info.
I've always thought this, and I always compare them to a poor-man's Format, which i think is a huge compliment haha. More people need to listen to this band, although this song seems to be a step back from Diamonds and Pearls.
We'll definitely take it as one. We actually played with The Format many moons ago at a college show. The whole lineup was Surrogate, Brighten and The Format, and there were like 150 people there tops. Seems like that show might draw a little better these days haha.

Either way, definitely curious to see what you think when/if you hear the whole record.
04:53 AM on 03/19/13
ched zeppelin
I Can Get Back Up Now.
User Info.
this band keeps getting better and better.
07:42 AM on 03/19/13
heyjohnnyfive
johnholcomb.com
User Info.
They sound just as good as The Format to me, with a different vibe. With so much music to keep track of, I'll admit I missed out on checking out Diamonds and Pearls. Loved the T&N releases tho.
10:10 AM on 03/19/13
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
We'll definitely take it as one. We actually played with The Format many moons ago at a college show. The whole lineup was Surrogate, Brighten and The Format, and there were like 150 people there tops. Seems like that show might draw a little better these days haha.

Either way, definitely curious to see what you think when/if you hear the whole record.

Well now I feel like an asshole haha. I thoroughly enjoyed the first song that was released, and I have no doubt I will love the record. Keep up the good work guys, and come to San Diego.
01:51 PM on 03/19/13
danieltaylor
yep
User Info.
Well now I feel like an asshole haha. I thoroughly enjoyed the first song that was released, and I have no doubt I will love the record. Keep up the good work guys, and come to San Diego.
No worries man. We're just glad anyone takes the time to listen to whatever me make, whether they end up liking it, loving it, hating it or meh-ing it. Of course we always hope for one of the first two, but you can't win them all.
11:17 PM on 03/19/13
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No worries man. We're just glad anyone takes the time to listen to whatever me make, whether they end up liking it, loving it, hating it or meh-ing it. Of course we always hope for one of the first two, but you can't win them all.
You guys are gold in my book. I'm sure Post-Heroic will meet or exceed my expectations. For what its worth, I really like Lovers, I just happen to think Diamonds and Pearls is a perfect album.
10:16 PM on 03/20/13
putbackthestars
User Info.
It is actually insane how underrated this band is. I went to Youtube to throw a link on a friend's page of Can't Go Home (the saddest, most beautiful song of all time) and the official video has barely a thousand views... This band needs to be in a movie or some tv show or something and they'll blow up. They should be playing Sasquatch and be opening for the Lumineers or MaS.
10:21 PM on 05/09/13
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I messed up.

I hate when people rush to judgement and comment, either negatively or positively, on a piece of art after only briefly experiencing it. That's exactly what I did.

This song is amazing. I missed the subtleties. I hadn't grasped the lyrics before I made my comment. I haven't been able to shake it from my head in weeks.

The whole album is fantastic, and while I think it might be closer -- instrumentally -- to Popular Mechanics, I believe it is a giant step in the right direction for you guys. How you guys haven't blown up is beyond me, but I will continue to try to turn people on to you guys.

Thank you for making great music.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version