AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
You Me and Everyone We Know News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 46.
02:20 AM on 03/21/13
againtocarthage
User Info.
Last three track ep was awesome, hope this ones more awesomer!

and ben, i give a shit!
08:16 AM on 03/21/13
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
of what? that i got back up after almost ruining my life and undoing all the work I had done over the previous 5 years , that i've stayed sobered for 2 years so far (in 6 days), and managed to get things moving again in a positive direction? You're right, what a fucking bummer. So what if my band will probably never get back on the radio or open sold out 700 cap shows? Those were never my definitions of success in the first place. Success these days and in those past has always been tantamount to survival and if i've done ANYTHING it is survived.

The album title has nothing to do with the band by the way.

I wasn't the guy you originally quoted but I wanted to address this.

Music fans, myself included, tend to be a selfish bunch. It is also possible to be sad and happy about something for different reasons. For example, I am sad that I will probably never hear another Steel Train album but I am very happy for all the success Jack has found with fun. Using you as an example, it makes me sad that I never got to hear a follow up (with the same lineup) to STDWO but I am happy that you seem to be doing very well. It is sad that one of my favorite bands isn't touring because I selfishly want to seem them play live. But how can I actually be sad about someone like Jason from Acceptance or Colin from Hit the Lights doing what they need to do to be happy.

I hope you catch what I am trying to say. I'm stoked to hear new material.
09:21 AM on 03/21/13
brussel sprouts
You, Me and Everyone We KNow
User Info.
I wasn't the guy you originally quoted but I wanted to address this.

Music fans, myself included, tend to be a selfish bunch. It is also possible to be sad and happy about something for different reasons. For example, I am sad that I will probably never hear another Steel Train album but I am very happy for all the success Jack has found with fun. Using you as an example, it makes me sad that I never got to hear a follow up (with the same lineup) to STDWO but I am happy that you seem to be doing very well. It is sad that one of my favorite bands isn't touring because I selfishly want to seem them play live. But how can I actually be sad about someone like Jason from Acceptance or Colin from Hit the Lights doing what they need to do to be happy.

I hope you catch what I am trying to say. I'm stoked to hear new material.

I read you loud and clear. It can be a bother when people say "it won't be the same" considering the lineup has been different for every release. The lineup has been in near constant flux since we started. I've never had a sense of "the same". I don't think most people are entirely aware of that or the fact that most of the lineup people saw playing the songs on STDWO had far less (or nothing) to do with the writing of the record than they let people believe when they left. I don't mean to discount other people's contributions to the band over time, it's just the reality of things over the lifespan of the band so far.

Thanks for sticking around. The next 6 months are going to get interesting.
11:25 AM on 03/21/13
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
I read you loud and clear. It can be a bother when people say "it won't be the same" considering the lineup has been different for every release. The lineup has been in near constant flux since we started. I've never had a sense of "the same". I don't think most people are entirely aware of that or the fact that most of the lineup people saw playing the songs on STDWO had far less (or nothing) to do with the writing of the record than they let people believe when they left. I don't mean to discount other people's contributions to the band over time, it's just the reality of things over the lifespan of the band so far.

I bet it can be a bother. Shit, I'm pretty sure I saw a You, Me, and Everyone We Know show back in the day at St. Johns that had none of the "STDWO era" members. I also saw you play guitar for Supergiant MD and bass for Underscore at the same show at the Recher. At this point I am just dating myself.

I feel like it is only natural for people to look at bands and say "it won't be the same" after member changes. Partially because fans really have no idea who contributes what when it comes to writing and recording. Partially because fans end up developing "bonds" with different lineups/members or what not. For example, after having seen Paramore live 3 times when the Farros were in the band it would be a pretty strange experience seeing them live today. This is just a hypothetical of course. Not saying that example really applies to you or anything
12:43 PM on 03/21/13
brussel sprouts
User Info.
I bet it can be a bother. Shit, I'm pretty sure I saw a You, Me, and Everyone We Know show back in the day at St. Johns that had none of the "STDWO era" members. I also saw you play guitar for Supergiant MD and bass for Underscore at the same show at the Recher. At this point I am just dating myself.

I feel like it is only natural for people to look at bands and say "it won't be the same" after member changes. Partially because fans really have no idea who contributes what when it comes to writing and recording. Partially because fans end up developing "bonds" with different lineups/members or what not. For example, after having seen Paramore live 3 times when the Farros were in the band it would be a pretty strange experience seeing them live today. This is just a hypothetical of course. Not saying that example really applies to you or anything

we are old.
04:13 PM on 03/21/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
I still gotta check this band out. The singer's vox on that Squid the Whale song were incredible
08:57 PM on 03/21/13
kyleYM&EWK
Kyle / YM&EWK
User Info.

nope, can't ignore that one. no matter what this bleeding heart says, mike, bud, nor I ever claimed to have written anything on STDWO. Dunno what that slight is about, but both Rico and Aug got huge writing credits, so thank you, very little.
09:06 PM on 03/21/13
brussel sprouts
User Info.
nope, can't ignore that one. no matter what this bleeding heart says, mike, bud, nor I ever claimed to have written anything on STDWO. Dunno what that slight is about, but both Rico and Aug got huge writing credits, so thank you, very little.

Oh hey Kyle. If you would like to ACTUALLY have a discussion for the first time you have my phone number and my email.
09:53 PM on 03/21/13
kyleYM&EWK
Kyle / YM&EWK
User Info.
Oh hey Kyle. If you would like to ACTUALLY have a discussion for the first time you have my phone number and my email.
can't bullshit a bullshitter, amigo. not gonna let you lead people on like that though. there's not one instance where any of us (bud, mike, myself) took responsibility for any of that record. however, i'm not gonna let the 37 people who still care think otherwise.
10:04 PM on 03/21/13
brussel sprouts
User Info.
can't bullshit a bullshitter, amigo. not gonna let you lead people on like that though. there's not one instance where any of us (bud, mike, myself) took responsibility for any of that record. however, i'm not gonna let the 37 people who still care think otherwise.

Again it's been great catching up
09:01 AM on 03/22/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Why do you still have the YM&EWK name if you're not in the band dude? Whatever you beef is with Brussel Sprouts at least don't talk to him about it over the internet. Like he said you have the means of talking to each other one on one.
09:07 AM on 03/22/13
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
Why do you still have the YM&EWK name if you're not in the band dude? Whatever you beef is with Brussel Sprouts at least don't talk to him about it over the internet. Like he said you have the means of talking to each other one on one.

You would think people would be mature enough to just send a PM or an email, but sadly, even after 6 years, I still see that kind of foolishness.
09:12 AM on 03/22/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Seriously.
02:06 PM on 03/22/13
kyleYM&EWK
Kyle / YM&EWK
User Info.
a. i only use this username every once in a blue moon, and i'm lazy.
b. the dude called the three of us out publically so why not address him as such? do you two realize he has a soap box to try and paint us in a negative light whenever he wants? so i don't have the right to respond in the same way without him being martyred and any of the rest of us crucified? that's ridiculous. like the dude and his music all you want, but anyone can see that that was a cheap shot.
02:14 PM on 03/22/13
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
Oh the wonderful world of music.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music