|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Not sure exactly. I think it may have started from a Guided by Voices record.
2. How did this band get started?
Greg and I have been playing for years together. Cannot remember how long it has been. Recently we played with Ben Deily, singer, songwriter of the Lemonheads, and toured Europe in support of the record we completed at that time. We love music and it has never been about money so perhaps that is why we have stuck it out for so long.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Replacements, Guided by Voices, Teenage Fanclub, Big Star, Husker Du, Ramones, Sugar and a host of other bands.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Replacements, because you never knew what the show was going to be that night. Might have been the best show you have ever seen or the worst. Songs are timeless…
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Depends upon where in the world you are.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
THAT is a great question. Put it this way, I love listening to the music we write. I play our albums all the time. I do not write for the goal of wondering what people would like or not. I write because I like interesting hooks, melodies, and the way songs come together out of nothing. I have always felt that the best part of the creation of an album is the process, not the end result. It is those moments as you write, when a song takes a turn in a new direction…the collaboration between principal writers over a few beers. That is why we play… that is why we write.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I am quite the sport fan but have few folks I would change places with.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Anyone associated with the creation of the song, album or project. And of course my mother and my 8 year old son, Jude!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
How can we make it easier for song writers to share their craft. Take away the machine and let the creative juices flow. I have friends in this business and it is not easy.
10. Memorable tour experience?
There were many! Ordering food in France from a drive through and no one in the car spoke French. I think it was McDonald's which was even more frustrating and we were starving.
11. What is your favorite song to play?
Let it Be
12. What is your vacation spot of choice?
13. What music reminds you of your childhood?
14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Power to fly. Obvious reason I suppose. Perspective, baby!
15. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Nothing comes to mind. Butterflies until the first chord is strung and then we hear and see nothing.
16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I am a principal at an elementary school.
17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio is not so good in our area of the woods. Love sirius!!! Our band would flourish in the area of pop, country, punk.
18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write songs. Can't sleep without headphones and music. Every night for the past 20+ years I have had headphones on my head as sleep sets in. Question is when do they come off during the evening. I rarely know when I take them off.
19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Not sure if that should be shared publicly.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |