AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall Out Boy
Inside AP.net

Flynn: Who's that guy? Program: That's Pete, He Fights...

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/22/13)
Pete (Fall Out Boy) updated his blog with some more information about the band's choice for their new album cover and a plea not to pit the band members against each other (cough*NeonChrist*cough).
1. if you are a fan of this band- please donít pit us against each other. however you feel about patrick i feel it x a million. that was one of the things that led to us taking time off- we felt as though some of the base and media pit us against each other. were a team. we fight for the user.

2. Iíve had a few people in my timeline bugging out about me not sticking around after shows. last year i got a threat during a post show hang. i donít feel comfortable or safe sticking around areas that arenít secure because of that. if you happen to run into me for sure come over and say hey- i do not bite, much. until i feel a bit better about that stuff Iím gonna stick to m&gís and what not.

3. the album cover: Iíve always felt a particular draw to this part of the world.
during WW2 my grandpa was shot down over burma and lived in a prison camp there. my grandma joined the OSS (the precursor to the modern CIA) and set out to thailand to search for him. since he returned to his family and i have been constantly interested in the area. i had a friend enter and document huge butterflies along the river and the discontent of the people and monks at their treatment by the junta. we held our breaths and watched as thousands of red cloths resisted. i love this photograph. it is so simple but says so much. it screams to me of a brothers separated by worlds- but connected forever as brothers. i sometimes thing there isnít a stronger yet more complicated bond than brothers. i love this photo. it is peace in a violent world. it is change in the face of an everlasting constant. but at the end of the day it is art. it is supposed to challenge you. we do not simply make things that we think are molded to be consumed by our fans- that is not what dictates what we create. it is our art- i hope that you wait until you here the accompanying album to judge how you feel about it- but at the end of the day its art and you arenít supposed to just like it. we arenít a reality television show, were a band.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35.
10:01 PM on 03/22/13
eriatarka24
=^.^=
User Info.
Good post.
10:07 PM on 03/22/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Grammar
10:08 PM on 03/22/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
I don't get the whole "pitting the band members" against each other. Does this refer to the "who's in the front of the band picture" thing?
10:14 PM on 03/22/13
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
Pete should just get Tron to run interference for him after shows.
10:16 PM on 03/22/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Kind of sad that something like this needs to be said.
10:21 PM on 03/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Pete should just get Tron to run interference for him after shows.
I feel like his bodyguard is already Rinzler.

God I'm a nerd.
10:25 PM on 03/22/13
Mr Hox182
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

God I'm a nerd.

Are you trying to say that Pete has turned into an evil dictator type? CPeteU?
10:39 PM on 03/22/13
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I just don't get why they haven't promoted Andy as the front man yet. He's easily the sexiest.

But seriously, new album now.
10:42 PM on 03/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Divalicious
10:45 PM on 03/22/13
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
I don't get the whole "pitting the band members" against each other. Does this refer to the "who's in the front of the band picture" thing?
This, what's up?
10:54 PM on 03/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I tried to allude to it in the news post -- if the comments in ours news post about the RockSound magazine cover were the same on places like Tumblr, etc., it was mostly shit like "about time Patrick is in the forefront he's the real front man of this band" and whatever ... faux competition.
11:54 PM on 03/22/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
wait, so because he doesn't necessarily feel safe just hanging out outside after shows makes him a diva? He's a got a young kid, it's more important that Pete stays safe and sticks around for his son than meeting a few kids after the show.
12:07 AM on 03/23/13
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.

God I'm a nerd.
12:09 AM on 03/23/13
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
Not sure why Pete gets so much shit. Met him once a couple years back and he was the nicest guy in the world. I don't care how they "market" Fall Out Boy pre-hiatus or post-hiatus. We're lucky FOB is back to even be marketed.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests